Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Studio .avi

So after trimming and editing 22 clips in GoPro Studio, I used that software to save them as .AVI files, under the export selection "Archive / Edit: the highest quality file for addtional editing or archive".  I was planning to combine them all in GoPro Studio and save it as one movie.  Now, when I try to import them into GoPro Studio, the files are not recognized. 

Why would the Export option for additional editing quality save the videos in a format that is not supported by GoPro Studio?

I need assistance importing my now AVI files back into GoPro Studio so that I can publish them into one single movie.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Studio .avi

Hi @foggydusk2423

Please make sure that your files are saved to your hard drive/external drive before importing. If your files are stored on an external drive, try copying your files to an internal drive first to see if that resolves the issue.

Files which have already been converted into GoPro Cineform AVI or MOV files can only be imported into Step 2: Edit.

You can also try playing the files with another program (VLC, Quicktime) to confirm that the files are not damaged/corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @foggydusk2423

Please make sure that your files are saved to your hard drive/external drive before importing. If your files are stored on an external drive, try copying your files to an internal drive first to see if that resolves the issue.

Files which have already been converted into GoPro Cineform AVI or MOV files can only be imported into Step 2: Edit.

You can also try playing the files with another program (VLC, Quicktime) to confirm that the files are not damaged/corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you @aragon1006 

I am new to this process and did not realize the files could be imported / added in step two, the editing step.

My files are saved internally, and I just finished combining them in step two: Edit.

Highlighted
GoPro

You are welcome @foggydusk2423

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Stay stoked!

Ej