Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Studio View problem on Mac

I haven't used the GoPro for some months.  I now discover that after I have used Quik to import a clip from the camera, and used Studio to convert it, that the converted video will no longer display in the main view screen in Studio Step 2 (where you add other clips, titles, audio, etc).  The movie will export properly but I need to be able to see the larger monitor panel to know where the cuts, etc. are happening.  I have installed Quik 2.7.0.284

iMac with Mojave 10.14.06.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 1.07.08 PM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Studio View problem on Mac

@tootsall, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here for GoPro Studio that will help: Video Does Not Display in the GoPro Studio Player Window

Highlighted
Hiker

I have checked and computer and software are all up to date.  Thanks for the link howelver.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tootsall

The steps on Video Fails to Import into GoPro Studio should help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the suggestion, aragon.  However my issue is not that files will not load into Studio...they will load, I can edit (but blindly), and I can export.  The problem is that they will not display in the Studio player wiindow.  I've been talking to Support and they sent me a link to hopefully fix Studio but unfortunately they sent me the PC version rather than the MAC.  I've responded requesting the correct file.

Highlighted
Hiker

Sadly it seems that GoPro no longer have available a link for downloading a Mac version of Studio.  Guess I'm stuck with loading videos in 
Quik, removing fisheye with Studio, saving, then doing my edits in iMovie or maybe buying some 3rd party vid edit software.  I don't do a lot of video but it would have been nice to "one-step" in Studio...sigh.