Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

[ New ]

How can i find the down load software for GoPro Studio for my Windows 7 computer

GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Studio is included in our Quik for Desktop software. You can download it at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html#.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]

I found that, but even though I'm running Windows 7 Professional on 64-bit the GoPro Quik WinInstaller still tells me I need a newer version of Windows.

Quik Install Error.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same question here, looking for tudio software for Win7 to no avail... every GoPro link redirects to Quik software which requires Win10.  I'm about to return the product if there is no GoPro software for Win7 which is not as advertised.

Anonymous

[ New ]

After a 30min hold with customer support they emailed me the following URL to download video editing software... Apparently GoPro is no longer providing support for Win7 (even though they haven't killed links/content relating to Win7 on their site).

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

Anonymous

[ New ]

Well, I'm on Windows 10 and GoPro Quik seems to no longer come with Studio...

Anonymous

[ New ]

There is no software for Windows 7 located at this link.  Please provide the correct link.  I have Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Anonymous

[ New ]

The Windows 7 Studio software is available here: [Edit: Links to external downloads removed]  It is unconscionable that GoPro expects us to pay $200 for unwanted and unworkable Windows software in order to use their devices.  This is complete laziness on their part.  There are many, many people around the world that have intentionally chosen NOT to upgrade to Windows 10 for perfectly valid reasons.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I also have the same issue...We are all being FORCED onto Win10 by the corporate powers...I also have major issues with saving my GoPro files as an error message pops up saying i dont have the correct Intel Graphics Drivers....I DO have the correct drivers - Intel updater tells me ...! 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I agree this is extremely poor customer service.  I bought my GoPro Hero 4 in 2015 nad now it's basically not supported 100% anymore?

Anonymous

[ New ]

I agree this is HORRIBLE customer service. I spent 30 min on the phone with support (after waiting an hour) and they just said: "Yes, we do not supoprt Win7 SW anymore".  I bought my GoPro in 2015 and now it's not fully supported anymore, even while Microsoft still fully supports Win7?  This is unacceptable.

At least they should keep providing the older SW for legacy operating systems - their SW engineers should have this.  This is unacceptable.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here.  Fortunately, GoPro no longer has a monopoly on action cameras.  They are just forcing their Windows 7 users to go elsewhere. I'm upgrading to the one that Amaz0n sells one for $74.99, it's an Akaso 4k Wi-Fi sports Action Camera (EK7000SL)

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same issue too, this is very bad, and I am not getting any product from GoPro anymore. :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

(I have the same issue too, this is very bad, and I am not getting any product from GoPro anymore. :(  )

Me toooooo 

whats is that GoPro Comany. It is very bad service. You posh your customer to buy Hero5 .Smiley Mad

What is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.Cat Mad

Why you dont answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

its a big mistake that not support windows 7 anymore, this link only provide access for w10 ussers

Anonymous

[ New ]

I expect to find a way. Maybe with a card reader. I wont be moving from Windows 7 to 10. There will be a way.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I installed that "VSDC Free Video Editor". Still can't see the camera. I just want to get the data off the device. Does not come up in USB.

I have enough editing software.

Can VSDC Free Video Editor somehow import from the camera?

PC does not even notice the camera there, it's charging it, and thats all.

Anonymous

[ New ]

All good. I have editing software already so I didn't need that software linked up there, but there are options on GoPro website.

I got the files from the camera to my Win 7 PC with this method:

Method #4 - Manually with Windows Explorer

If your auto launch settings have been changed, you may have to manually import when you connect your camera.

Windows 7

1. Go to Start > Computer.
  2. In the Portable Devices Section, double click on your camera.
  3. Double-click on the GoPro MTP Client Disk Volume.
  4. Drag your photos and video to your desired storage location.

Anonymous

[ New ]

How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 7

What are you trying to do?

Transfer files from the camera to a Windows 7 computer

Where does it apply?
  • HERO5 Black
  • HERO5 Session
  • HERO4
  • HERO Session + HERO4 Session
  • HERO3+
  • HERO+ LCD
  • HERO+
  • HERO
  • Windows 7
  • GoPro Studio
  • GoPro App for Desktop
  • Quik for desktop
How to do it

There are a few different ways to get your photos and videos from the camera to your computer.

link.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]
But.. I don't have problems to import files to my pc, I just need the program to edit the videos in w7 32bits, I hope you can help me. I don't have problems to import files!
Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro needs to understand that people will still be using Windows 7 as long as Microsoft supports it.  Microsoft announced it will still support Windows 7 until January 14, 2020.  GoPro has quite obviously and quite publicly had significant financial difficulties.  Alienating (or just pissing off) existing and potential customers is not a way to stay in business.  

Anonymous

[ New ]

@jefft

I downloaded an installed Quik.

It does not have GoPro Studio packaged with it. At this point I have no idea how I am supposed to process my timelapse videos on this new PC.

Quik does NOT have the same functionality. Its looks like a stripped down version of Studio.   Its missing the filters, audio settings, and various other settings.

This is not cool at all :|

I think I still have the install media for GoPro Studio on my other PC (I hope I do). If not i'll have to torrent it or find it elsewhere...because Quik is not a suitable replacement for GoPro Studio!   

Why would GoPro replace an awesome product with an inferior product and expect everyone to be cool about it?

Why did I pay $500 for this camera only have the main application I use with it be taken away and replaced with junk?

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

You're correct that starting with the latest version of Quik that we have decided to no longer offer Studio. If you already had Studio on your computer, you can continue to use it.

As an alternative, there are many editors available that you can use to create more complicated edits than you might be able to do with Quik in its Create mode. Check out iMovie if you're on a Mac or VSDC if you're on a PC.

More info about the discontinuation of Studio is available at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Studio-End-of-Life-FAQ.

Anonymous

[ New ]

And what about drivers for Win7 64-bit? My Hero4's are coming up as unrecognized USB devices. These are cameras we've owned for years, but the computer we use them with was replaced. Method #4 is not working for us, unfortunately.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Not sure I understand. Are you trying to get your computer to recognize the cameras as standalone USB devices? Generally, GoPro cameras don't connect that way. You can connect them using Quik for Desktop (when running  Windows 10) or connect the SD cards directly using an SD card adapter.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I got all mine working with Wondows 7.

CONNECTING TO PC

If you can't get the PC to see the device, then it will require a USB reader for about $10-15. You could even stick the card into your phone (if compatible and use that to read the data. I could do that if I wanted as my card readers don't have 'micro' and I can't find the little card to insert the micro into. I had to actually click on the "computer" label in windows explorer to get it to show. It did not just pop up like a USB stick does.

EDITING

There is a link in page 1 of the thread with a link to an eiditor. I installed it, it looks fine. It's actually nto bad for free. I've used plenty, so I don't need it, but the link is there. Look you don't really want to be using the gopro noobness eidting stuff, if you know that windows 7 is a solid system, and know how to disable 10 update, or ignore. So if new to video editing, you will pick it up quickly and dont need the gopro nuubness wizards etc. The timeline editors (like the one linked up near top of thread) are intuitive, and I prefer them over others. Also there is a basic editor in "Microsoft essesntials" (free from MS website), as at after Windows XP, there was no MS movie maker default on installs.

Good luck, I was determined to sort it out. I'm not having Win 10 rubbish here. Looks all OK this end.

Anonymous

[ New ]
@Anonymous Gopro customer service it's the worst of the world, dont offer solutions.
Tourist

[ New ]

Well, knowing what a nightmare windows 10 is and seeing GoPro decided to kill all software for Windows 7 I guess I will be looking at Garmin or Sony they still support windows 7 and have better options on their video editing. Thanks Go Pro you make the decision so easy.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same story also for us. We know how bad Windows 10 is, I will never change my Windows 7 only because GoPro decided not to support it. Other camera are luckly on the market and are all thanking GoPro for this intelligent move. THANKS GOPRO !!!

Tourist

[ New ]

its so easy ... no win7 software no GoPro ... other mothers have fine daughters too! eBay and my GoPro is past story

Tourist

[ New ]
I did find that the Garmin video editor works really good. They support windows 7 and it works with your go pro. They have allot of options for editing that go pro never dreamed of. That will be my next camera might not be as small but what a well thought out product.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Guys! I am the HERO you deserve.

[Edit: Link Removed]

GoPro studio. Work perfectly fine with windows 7. 

Click on the green "Alternative download" button.

Enjoy!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have a card reader on my PC. I tried putting the micro SD card in it, and it didn't even recognize that there was a new memory source added. I removed it and put it back in the GoPro Hero and plugged it in via USB cable. I am able to see the folder where the videos are located, but cannot transfer them to my PC. It is incredibly frustrating.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, I found this: [Edit: Link Removed] it should work!

Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383  version with studio for win 7 64 bit

Tourist

[ New ]

Ryanv12566,

Was this the link?  Someone edited it out of your post.

[Edit: Link removed]

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

So everyone knows about our posting policies, we do not allow links to third party sites unless the sites are known and verified. Even then, we do restrict links to downloads on sites as malware can be transmitted this way.

Links that are posted to the GoPro Support Hub that go to a download site will be edited out as a precaution.

Tourist

[ New ]

Maybe you should post an official link to the previous version of the Gopro software that works with Windows 7 and solve our problem.

Explorer

[ New ]
Google. It's not hard to find.
Explorer

[ New ]
GoPro Studio has been discontinued, for any computer OS.

For desktop editing, GoPro recommends http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

For a more powerful editor with a lot of features Da Vinci Resolve is a great choice https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Also, check out these articles
https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/comments/19v6u5/basic_guide_to_pc_video_editing_software/

https://actiongadgetsreviews.com/best-gopro-editing-software

Hope that helps.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just because you stopped issuing updates to GoPro software doesn't mean that you should end the download of the previous version.  It's just another example of poor customer service.  Either way, it's a moot point for me, I've moved to another, less expensive brand of camera.  If I've got to hunt around for video software, I figured I'd save a couple of hundred dollars and buy something else through Amazon.  If you do a search on Amazon for "Sports Action Camera", you'll see what I mean.

Explorer

[ New ]
If you want to cut down on the number of calls to your customer service from people trying to use video editing software on underpowered machines, you most certainly do stop Distributing the software. GoPro. Updating and supporting the software so they're not providing it. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. To your point about going to another camera brand, as you've noticed no other action camera company provides video editing software like GoPro does. GoPro still provides WIC for mobile apps, splice on iOS, and Quik desktop. There are plenty of free editors that are available on the web. I suggest you look into DaVinci Resolve.
They Hero6 Black is the best action camera on Market, the session cameras are the best compact cameras available. Nobody says that you have to buy GoPro however, if you want a cheaper Chinese knockoff camera, by all means go ahead and purchase one.
I find it ridiculous and classless how people feel that they can come to the GoPro website community and start promoting buying other brands. GoPro will allow it, but it is truly classless. Most people who come to this site are people who have already purchased a GoPro camera. The community is about helping people with their camera find solutions to whatever issue they have. If it's about editing software GoPro provides recommendations. Also, as I have stated, DaVinci Resolve is a good editor that you can use for free. Going to another brand isn't solving this problem of not having an editor.
Tourist

[ New ]

As i have bought this actioncam, the GoproStudio Software was a Main feature ... and now it was cut off! So it is not OK!

Yes i can use another 3party Software but why i should? The GoProstudio was a integral detail! No Software no advantage.

There a lot of more Action Cams outside then cheappy crappy china ware! Garmin; DJI for example and this companys don´t **bleep** the customer!

Explorer

[ New ]
DJI action camera? Ummm, OK.

And yes, all of those companies provide excellent video editing software, LOL.

Even if Studio was still available I'd be advising you to use a different 3rd party editor. Why? Because they are better, offer more features, and are more stable.

GoPro Studio has never been a main feature, GoPro sells cameras, not editing software. GoPro purchased Studio years ago and tried their best to make it a good stable editor for their customers. They simply couldn't keep it going and had to take it off life support. The time had come for Studio to die. Perhaps in the future they will resurrect it in a brand new build, but as it was, it just wasn't workable anymore.

Such a silly argument.

Tourist

[ New ]
Understand, the security but remove the link leave the text. Because, the post had more too do with resolving the issue than anything go pro had done
Tourist

[ New ]
Daniel, some of us have high powered computers. But, understand what a mess windows 10 is and use windows 7 and Linux by choice. So removing the software link is the equivalent to saying we will not support your os because you guys siwck. Especially, when it was offered many companies allow people to still download the archived software for this reason alone. I find it to be a very poor choice pin ho pros part.
Tourist

[ New ]

Your response doesn't make any sense.  My Windows 7 machine isn't underpowered and runs GoPro studio fine.  I don't know why you can't understand that GoPro sold me a camera bundled with software and  I just want continued access to that same software.

As far as switching to another brand of camera (I already have), yes, they don't provide editing software either, but they are also hundreds of dollars cheaper and their features and video quality match GoPro.  I can use Davinci resolve with any camera, not just GoPro so I've opted to pocket the difference.

I came to this support site hoping that GoPro would do the right thing and continue supporting their product.  If you want to talk about ridiculous and classless, maybe you should be referring to GoPro.  I doubt GoPro is cutting down on any customer service calls as you claim, but you can be sure that they are losing sales.

Anonymous

[ New ]

This is descusting that we can't have Go Pro Studio for Hero 5. on windows 7 what's the point to buy a camera for 500 $ if we can't use all it's potential.

Explorer

[ New ]
You can't have Studio on any operating system if it was not downloaded before being discontinued. Not just Windows 7.

There are plenty of free and paid software editors much better than Studio ever was.
Anonymous

[ New ]

The GoPro help desk had me uninstall Studio to see if it would solve an issue I was having. They did not mention that studio was discontinued and since I am on Windows 7 I now have no GoPro software (and my original issue is not resolved)!

Worst customer service ever!