Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

@niceshore42704 - Not sure I understand. Are you trying to get your computer to recognize the cameras as standalone USB devices? Generally, GoPro cameras don't connect that way. You can connect them using Quik for Desktop (when running  Windows 10) or connect the SD cards directly using an SD card adapter.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I got all mine working with Wondows 7.

CONNECTING TO PC

If you can't get the PC to see the device, then it will require a USB reader for about $10-15. You could even stick the card into your phone (if compatible and use that to read the data. I could do that if I wanted as my card readers don't have 'micro' and I can't find the little card to insert the micro into. I had to actually click on the "computer" label in windows explorer to get it to show. It did not just pop up like a USB stick does.

EDITING

There is a link in page 1 of the thread with a link to an eiditor. I installed it, it looks fine. It's actually nto bad for free. I've used plenty, so I don't need it, but the link is there. Look you don't really want to be using the gopro noobness eidting stuff, if you know that windows 7 is a solid system, and know how to disable 10 update, or ignore. So if new to video editing, you will pick it up quickly and dont need the gopro nuubness wizards etc. The timeline editors (like the one linked up near top of thread) are intuitive, and I prefer them over others. Also there is a basic editor in "Microsoft essesntials" (free from MS website), as at after Windows XP, there was no MS movie maker default on installs.

Good luck, I was determined to sort it out. I'm not having Win 10 rubbish here. Looks all OK this end.

Highlighted
Tourist

@dcyukon Gopro customer service it's the worst of the world, dont offer solutions.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well, knowing what a nightmare windows 10 is and seeing GoPro decided to kill all software for Windows 7 I guess I will be looking at Garmin or Sony they still support windows 7 and have better options on their video editing. Thanks Go Pro you make the decision so easy.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same story also for us. We know how bad Windows 10 is, I will never change my Windows 7 only because GoPro decided not to support it. Other camera are luckly on the market and are all thanking GoPro for this intelligent move. THANKS GOPRO !!!

Highlighted
Tourist

its so easy ... no win7 software no GoPro ... other mothers have fine daughters too! eBay and my GoPro is past story

Highlighted
Tourist

I did find that the Garmin video editor works really good. They support windows 7 and it works with your go pro. They have allot of options for editing that go pro never dreamed of. That will be my next camera might not be as small but what a well thought out product.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Guys! I am the HERO you deserve.

[Edit: Link Removed]

GoPro studio. Work perfectly fine with windows 7. 

Click on the green "Alternative download" button.

Enjoy!