Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

[ New ]

Anonymous

[ New ]

Did you ever find a way?

Anonymous

[ New ]

You can download it here. [edited]   Make sure you click the correct download button or you will get a virus/popups. This is pathetic. I was going to upgrade to the latest go pro this black friday but now they have lost my business. There will be a [edited] after  people buy the new go pro and realize they cant use the software on windows 7. Those that call in will wait on hold until they get emailed this link to a third party, potentially unsafe, site in order to get their product working. And im also not sure if the new go pro works with studio  running on windows 7 aswell...

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the link. I bet they won't be so ignorant that the camera wouldn't work with studio. They would have to use a different file type. But they did get rid of windows 7 support so who knows how stupid they really are.
Tourist

[ New ]

I too have this problem, but also problems with .NET framework.

Meanwhile, by chance I just happen to have a copy of GoProStudioPC-2.5.7.549 on my F drive which I downloaded 31/12/2015

Anonymous

[ New ]

ARG just bought Hero 6. I am a windows 7 FAN :)        NOT 10) EVER> BS BS  BUT

I found older version did the download good, havent turned on the go pro yet waiting for it to charge and not doing updates yet either as it might kick me out. Hope it works here is the link everyone hope this helps

https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/553f28/gopro_quik_for_desktop_download_links/

Dear GoPro super disappointing that you are not making this work for all your customers. Spending that much money already lots. Then finding out that your not supporting older but more reliable versions of windows is very SAD to say the least.

All google searches will always point you to Windows 7 as being the best . Please Get your Tech Guys to go back and make this work for us.

Thank you

Anonymous

[ New ]
I LITERALLY posted the link GO PRO gave me and they edited it out of my comment. WTF.
Tourist

[ New ]

Well that certainly isn't very sporting of them. Small wonder they don't play cricket

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't even Drag and Drop files into Studio and importing audio is impossible. Same here with Hero 4.....wth GP!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Well, I WAS thinking of replacing the FOUR GoPro Hero3+ cameras I currently own with Hero6's, but not anymore.

I understand if you dont want to SUPPORT your old software anymore, as that takes resources and money, but at least let us DOWNLOAD it, even with a big banner saying it's no longer supported.

You just lost yourselves a customer, GoPro....

Explorer

[ New ]

GP Studio was unstable. It does not support HEVC and crashes frequently on most resolutions higher than 1080 or frame rates >60.

If GoPro still allowed it to be downloaded their customer service would be inundated with calls/chats from people having issues.

It was a smart call by GoPro to EOL Studio and stop providing it.

There are much better free software.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Them having an unreliable software package for an expensive camera is not the user's problem. There might be better 3rd party editing software out there but it does not integrate with the camera for file transfers etc. They should take the big pile of money they are raking in and release a good software package. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
To Jeff, go pro community manager.
Please inform your management that I will be returning all of my karma and camera products since I am unable to upgrade the firmware.
And I will encourage others to do the same.
Win 7 user.
Explorer

[ New ]

@Anonymous

You will need to contact the Support Team here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Karma firmware can be updated via the controller (if you have the Karma drone) or manually on your computer if you have the Karma Grip.  Cameras can be updated manually or with the GoPro mobile app.  GoPro Studio is not used to update firmware on any computer operating system.

Manual Updates for camera (Choose, "Update your camera manually"): 

Hero4 - https://gopro.com/update/hero4

Hero5 - https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Hero6 - https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Karma Grip - https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Karma-Grip-Stuck-in-Recovery-Mode-After-Updating-to-v1-51

Scroll down to, "Windows 7/8/8.1 users:" and follow the instructions for using the Karma Grip Updater

Anonymous

[ New ]

I just bought GoPro Hero 6.

Hard to believe, that GoPro fails to support Windows 7 OS,

I assume GoPro fails in more areas also, can be this laziness used

to return their product back?

Windows 7 is supported till January 14 2020 by Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have Win.7 64bit and it is becoming a waste for having this GoPro Session I bought a year ago. I have GoPro Studio and Quick loaded in my PC for 3 years now(?). I spent hours trying to make my own video while trying to learn and familiarize their video editor (not the Quick). After a day of organizing my videos, GoPro Studio starts to be unresponsive and freeze up on "Step 2" Editing. I have read all comments and issues with this problem and I realized I made wrong decision to buy this expensive Camera. Hopefully GoPro company will find a way to resolve this "glitch" or their product will turn to be expensive garbage. 

Explorer

[ New ]
If you've read all of the comments then you may know that Studio is not required, nor is it the best free editor, for editing videos captured with your camera. The camera is not tied to Studio in any way. Studio was a free program available with or without purchase of a GoPro camera. As it is no longer being developed, distributed, or supported, it is very unlikely that you will see a resolution to the "glitch" you are experiencing.
Anonymous

[ New ]
I believe this editing tool was originally associated with GoPro Camera that's why it was called GoPro Studio. Anyways, I have to find other editing tool I can use to edit my videos or sell it for good. Thanks.
Explorer

[ New ]
Anonymous

[ New ]

Google this:

GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383.exe

The first link on google on filehorse.com has what you want, Quik and Gopro Studio for win7 :)

Anonymous

[ New ]

I've just plugged in my hero 4 silver (for the second time ever) to find the program doesn't support windows 7 anymore.... LUCKILY i backup all my programs so i HAVE the old companion app installer.
Should anyone else want it, email me and il upload it somewhere and email you the link.
Seems links posted here are being removed...,

Anonymous

[ New ]

u can create a virtual machine with W10 and then u can download the app there

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, I have downloaded this version for Windows 7 and it works but to play videos is very difficult as non fluent. Is it the sa e for you?

ths 

Anonymous

[ New ]
You know, GoPro just really hurt themselves market wise and really slapped customers and future customers in the face. Working in a large enterprise we are looking for camera systems for all the security guards that they can take with them, and for employees in riskier locations. Working IT and knowing GoPro I recommended that brand. We are talking starting easy 20-100 cameras then if goes well could go company wide which would be thousands of cameras (large mining and chemical processing, cameras for safety are greatly needed). But now I have pull my recommendation since this software mess. Being an enterprise network, we are not up to Windows 10 yet. When you are looking at 10k+ workstations, and 1000+ servers needing upgraded, it takes time and money. GoPro is struggling with the market since cheap knock off. But at this point those knock offs are providing better customer support and experience. In all reality, GoPro not just lost out of income from being to lazy to provide a simple link for older versions of software like about every company does with software, but you have lost a loyal customer.
Anonymous

[ New ]
Probably just a limitation of your computer. I find the best way to play the raw files smoothly is to find them in Windows explorer and play them with Windows media player (surprisingly), or vlc media player.
Anonymous

[ New ]

vlc - requires some tuning to play 4k videos and fails with the slow motion

Media player fails in both ways

It hard to believe, that GoPro fails to provide any viewer for the recoded videos

with their cameras.

I've also tried other GoPro software like Quik with the OsX (High Sierra).

Quik is a piece of s*** on the OSX. e.g. mine issue:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-for-desktop-on-mac-crashing-in-create-mod...

oter items:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-For-Mac-Fails-To-Import-Files/td-p/47750

Generally looks like, that GoPro fails to create any desktop based software.

The only one question: How many bugs exist in the GoPro software which runs in the camera

if they fail to develop video viewer for the videos recored with their cameras?

Explorer

[ New ]
VLC, designed by people specifically for media playback, fails.

Windows Media Player, designed by a software company with nearly unlimited resources, fails.

GoPro's free media editing and payback software, designed by a relatively small action camera company (brand recognition does not equate to size of company), does not work for you.

First, GoPro is a hardware company. Most other action camera companies don't provide any media software. Those that do, provide very basic software and usually it's just a third party software that they rebrand or just give access to.

Second, if you are having issues with software developed by software companies, perhaps you should consider it's your computer hardware that is failing to perform.

GoPro software, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, Corel VideoStudio, and Windows Media Player all handle media captured on my GoPro cameras (including Hero6 Black).

Lastly, equating computer media editing software with the camera software is just ignorant and silly. Two very different devices, two entirely different divisions of the company, and two very different functions. GoPro is an Action Camera company that happens to provide free Desktop software as well as three very good mobile apps.

GoPro does not have to provide desktop software. You are not obligated to use it to use their cameras. If you want a more advanced editor, GoPro recommends free alternatives. If you want more advanced software you can try DaVinci Resolve or pay for software developed by software companies.

For playback, just about any software developed in the past couple years should work. If it doesn't, upgrade your computer or shoot in a lower resolution/frame rate. The issue is you, your computer, or both.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Ths for your answer. It works but the problem it’s not possible to edit clips with Quick. Do i have to use a different program? And which?

Explorer

[ New ]
On page nine I give links to VSDC and DaVinci Resolve which will both work for editing on a computer.

Quik (iPhone and Android) and Splice (iPhone) are good mobile apps.
Tourist

[ New ]

I wouldn't call it laziness, it's more like Microsoft paid GoPro to only make new products for Windows 10. And it's quite obvious since they've removed any links to the old GoPro Studio.

But enough digging can prove fruitful: 

Tourist

[ New ]

To my understanding the GoPro studio software was provided free for GoPro owners, not as part of the sales package. What first alerted me to the existance the the software was some users remarking how amazing the slow motion effects were, especially from a free product.

Surely anyone who is serious enough to buy a GoPro is similarly of sufficient intelligence and means to acquire and has used packages such as Final cut and main actor or others made for the semi professional by Corel.

An expression regarding horses, gifts and the mouth come to mind

Tourist

[ New ]

Not sure who you were replying to or what the point of your post was but GoPro Studio AND Quick | Desktop are both free...with or without a GoPro....nobody is arguing that. But NOTHING is free. You've essentially paid for the GoPro Studio and Quik | Desktop when you bought the camera. So if I bought a Hero6 and dicovered that I could only use the software with Windows 10. I would immediately return it.

I personally have a GoPro Hero4 Black and don't see the need for paying $400 for something that is only marginally better. Same with Windows 10. (Crapware).

Anyone with sufficient intelligence to use Final Cut or Premier Pro can surely use Openshot or Kden Live and would save themselves the $$ and buy some equipment that actually matters.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I just bought the Karma Drone, with GoPro 6 for myself at Xmas. I'm happy with everything, except the fact my laptop runs Windows 7 64bit Pro!

I came on this thread looking for an answer to the download problem, looks like it ain't gonna happen.

Never mind, I've got my own editing software, and still a kick ass laptop, (Even if it's not Win 10), I just thought for such an expensive camera they might have kept the previous versions of windows alive. Obviously there's some boardroom dicisions, we as consumers, are not privvy too. For example, I have an iPhone 6s, all the software (or APP's) downloaded in an instant, my camera loves talking to my phone! Just makes you wonder who GoPro are, 'getting into bed with', as the saying goes.

Not to worry, I'm enjoying my Drone and should be taking the camera underwater for the first time soon. Lets see if GoPro and Mr Woodman can perform in that respect. :)

Tourist

[ New ]

I don't know if this will work, but it just might. Have attached the former version of studio software that did work with Windoze 7, otherwise contact me privately

Tourist

[ New ]
Surprise surprise, attaching it failed so contact me videolondon@gmail.com
Anonymous

[ New ]

There are still more Windows 7 users vs. Windows 10:

http://gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

just hard to understand GoPro position..... do they care about their customers.

Anonymous

[ New ]

This has been the absolute WORST buyer/new user experice of my nerd-career.  I'm not tech-phobic and am trained as a IP-network trainer of teachers.   I've seen stooopid low-documentation "deliverables" before, but my "joy" of this purchase is long ass gone.   I'll try to start-all over again tommorrw... or just cancel the purchase and shop elsewhere .   

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, ths to all of you for your help.

this my updated situazion:

windows 7

downoladed quik and GoPro studio old version

quik : When it plays video, it’s glitchy so it’s pratically impossible to watch and to edit 

GoPro Studio : it works. So, if i have to play video, I import it clicking on “import new files”. Not the best .....

media player and vlc work correctly.

Have you found some solution to make quik work?

Hiker

[ New ]

This is nuts. GoPro, are you listening? 11 pages of "no solution available." Any change in that position?

Tourist

[ New ]

Since they decided to remove my link and make the web a less free place. just do a Google search for GoPro Studio download.

Anonymous

[ New ]

@Anonymous

what version of studio do you use?

did you install studio+quick over an existing 'new quick' v 2.51 installation? then remove quick 2.51 and reinstall quick 2.3

Vsign from mz-adventure :)

Anonymous

[ New ]

@danielr15

mate, sometimes even the most faithful should admit that things go wrong when things are really going wrong.

> First, GoPro is a hardware company

so what is working inside a gopro cam for image processing? Diodes? Tubes?

and if it's just a hardware company why not shut down the media cloud (this is no hardware, no?).

> GoPro is an Action Camera company that happens to provide free Desktop software

no, it's not free. It would be if the IT staff worked in their freetime or not get payed.

The PC and app software is in the price of each cam. This is one of the reasons why we pay more for a Gopro. Without studio you get less for the money. 

The studio was  part of a 'package' : buy the cam, install the software, be happy. Now you expect from people that may have trouble with basic pc function to behave like experienced IT-experts, spending hours and hours learning complex highend software like daVinci and configuring their pcs, and if they are not able or not willing you call them an 'issue'.

At home we are two IT people, use Adobe CS PS/LR, music DAWs and synth software,  maintain our motorcyles and bikes completely on our own -  and use Gopro studio as we are both not willing to fiddle around with DaVinci or PE just to cut a 5 minutes vid from a 3 hours afternoon mountainbike ride.

> GoPro does not have to provide desktop software.

of course they do not. Garmin does not have to provide Basecamp 'folks, get you some 3rd party software or pay $$$ for an overcomplicated TTQV'.  BMW or Mercedes do not have to provide HERE when selling navigation systems 'dear customer, we sold you a $2000 nav system, but now decided to switch off HERE, we are a car builder, no software company, so find you some opensource and see if you can run it on your nav system" . And a fligth company does not have to provide dinner and drinks during a 10 hours flight as they are no catering service (eat beore take off ..)

Gopro has big big financial struggles, that's the one and only reason. Nobody is guillotined when saying this frankly.

Au contraire. Closing the eyes, claming for detractions won't do them any favour.

For my person, I really hope Gopro will survive and will not end as yet another chinese investors brand.

And we consider buying a second Session as were are highly - I repeat : highly - satisfied with it's versatility, the bullet prooved build quality and its 'image style'.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I will be replacing all four of my gopros for another brand screw ya 'll

Sightseer

[ New ]

im having the same problem as many of you. I always shoot footage of a family ski trip and last year made a fantastic video, this year (because i run win 7 still) i wont be able to make another video. 

Next year ill be shooting w. a garmin virb as they give like atleast half a f*** about their customers. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Is it your custom to remove your editing software? If you installed it last year and it is still there, you can use it, as I do, the version I have being GoPro Studio PC-2.5.7.549

@cortmccoy wrote:

im having the same problem as many of you. I always shoot footage of a family ski trip and last year made a fantastic video, this year (because i run win 7 still) i wont be able to make another video. 

Next year ill be shooting w. a garmin virb as they give like atleast half a f*** about their customers. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I had to re image my disk and foolishly didnt include the editing software (i figured i could re-download it when needed) so i lost the software unfortunately. 

Tourist

[ New ]

That is entirely understandable and regrettably I cannot send it you here. I think someone included a link on this thread or you could email me at davidfromblighty at gmail dot com and I shall send

Tourist

[ New ]

Just do a Google search for "GoPro Desktop Download Windows 7" it's available vis CNET and techspot.

Hiker

[ New ]
done got rid of stuff and will keep on with a replay, yes will see where get a replay and till never gopro
Anonymous

[ New ]
for this software is required windows 10 64bit