Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

You can't have Studio on any operating system if it was not downloaded before being discontinued. Not just Windows 7.

There are plenty of free and paid software editors much better than Studio ever was.
Highlighted
Tourist

The GoPro help desk had me uninstall Studio to see if it would solve an issue I was having. They did not mention that studio was discontinued and since I am on Windows 7 I now have no GoPro software (and my original issue is not resolved)!

Worst customer service ever!

Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Sightseer

Did you ever find a way?

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

You can download it here. [edited]   Make sure you click the correct download button or you will get a virus/popups. This is pathetic. I was going to upgrade to the latest go pro this black friday but now they have lost my business. There will be a [edited] after  people buy the new go pro and realize they cant use the software on windows 7. Those that call in will wait on hold until they get emailed this link to a third party, potentially unsafe, site in order to get their product working. And im also not sure if the new go pro works with studio  running on windows 7 aswell...

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the link. I bet they won't be so ignorant that the camera wouldn't work with studio. They would have to use a different file type. But they did get rid of windows 7 support so who knows how stupid they really are.
Highlighted
Tourist

I too have this problem, but also problems with .NET framework.

Meanwhile, by chance I just happen to have a copy of GoProStudioPC-2.5.7.549 on my F drive which I downloaded 31/12/2015

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

ARG just bought Hero 6. I am a windows 7 FAN :)        NOT 10) EVER> BS BS  BUT

I found older version did the download good, havent turned on the go pro yet waiting for it to charge and not doing updates yet either as it might kick me out. Hope it works here is the link everyone hope this helps

https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/553f28/gopro_quik_for_desktop_download_links/

Dear GoPro super disappointing that you are not making this work for all your customers. Spending that much money already lots. Then finding out that your not supporting older but more reliable versions of windows is very SAD to say the least.

All google searches will always point you to Windows 7 as being the best . Please Get your Tech Guys to go back and make this work for us.

Thank you