Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

Just because you stopped issuing updates to GoPro software doesn't mean that you should end the download of the previous version.  It's just another example of poor customer service.  Either way, it's a moot point for me, I've moved to another, less expensive brand of camera.  If I've got to hunt around for video software, I figured I'd save a couple of hundred dollars and buy something else through Amazon.  If you do a search on Amazon for "Sports Action Camera", you'll see what I mean.

Explorer

If you want to cut down on the number of calls to your customer service from people trying to use video editing software on underpowered machines, you most certainly do stop Distributing the software. GoPro. Updating and supporting the software so they're not providing it. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. To your point about going to another camera brand, as you've noticed no other action camera company provides video editing software like GoPro does. GoPro still provides WIC for mobile apps, splice on iOS, and Quik desktop. There are plenty of free editors that are available on the web. I suggest you look into DaVinci Resolve.
They Hero6 Black is the best action camera on Market, the session cameras are the best compact cameras available. Nobody says that you have to buy GoPro however, if you want a cheaper Chinese knockoff camera, by all means go ahead and purchase one.
I find it ridiculous and classless how people feel that they can come to the GoPro website community and start promoting buying other brands. GoPro will allow it, but it is truly classless. Most people who come to this site are people who have already purchased a GoPro camera. The community is about helping people with their camera find solutions to whatever issue they have. If it's about editing software GoPro provides recommendations. Also, as I have stated, DaVinci Resolve is a good editor that you can use for free. Going to another brand isn't solving this problem of not having an editor.
Tourist

As i have bought this actioncam, the GoproStudio Software was a Main feature ... and now it was cut off! So it is not OK!

Yes i can use another 3party Software but why i should? The GoProstudio was a integral detail! No Software no advantage.

There a lot of more Action Cams outside then cheappy crappy china ware! Garmin; DJI for example and this companys don´t **bleep** the customer!

Explorer

DJI action camera? Ummm, OK.

And yes, all of those companies provide excellent video editing software, LOL.

Even if Studio was still available I'd be advising you to use a different 3rd party editor. Why? Because they are better, offer more features, and are more stable.

GoPro Studio has never been a main feature, GoPro sells cameras, not editing software. GoPro purchased Studio years ago and tried their best to make it a good stable editor for their customers. They simply couldn't keep it going and had to take it off life support. The time had come for Studio to die. Perhaps in the future they will resurrect it in a brand new build, but as it was, it just wasn't workable anymore.

Such a silly argument.

Tourist

Understand, the security but remove the link leave the text. Because, the post had more too do with resolving the issue than anything go pro had done
Tourist

Daniel, some of us have high powered computers. But, understand what a mess windows 10 is and use windows 7 and Linux by choice. So removing the software link is the equivalent to saying we will not support your os because you guys siwck. Especially, when it was offered many companies allow people to still download the archived software for this reason alone. I find it to be a very poor choice pin ho pros part.
Highlighted
Tourist

Your response doesn't make any sense.  My Windows 7 machine isn't underpowered and runs GoPro studio fine.  I don't know why you can't understand that GoPro sold me a camera bundled with software and  I just want continued access to that same software.

As far as switching to another brand of camera (I already have), yes, they don't provide editing software either, but they are also hundreds of dollars cheaper and their features and video quality match GoPro.  I can use Davinci resolve with any camera, not just GoPro so I've opted to pocket the difference.

I came to this support site hoping that GoPro would do the right thing and continue supporting their product.  If you want to talk about ridiculous and classless, maybe you should be referring to GoPro.  I doubt GoPro is cutting down on any customer service calls as you claim, but you can be sure that they are losing sales.

Sightseer

This is descusting that we can't have Go Pro Studio for Hero 5. on windows 7 what's the point to buy a camera for 500 $ if we can't use all it's potential.