Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

I installed that "VSDC Free Video Editor". Still can't see the camera. I just want to get the data off the device. Does not come up in USB.

I have enough editing software.

Can VSDC Free Video Editor somehow import from the camera?

PC does not even notice the camera there, it's charging it, and thats all.

Highlighted
Tourist

All good. I have editing software already so I didn't need that software linked up there, but there are options on GoPro website.

I got the files from the camera to my Win 7 PC with this method:

Method #4 - Manually with Windows Explorer

If your auto launch settings have been changed, you may have to manually import when you connect your camera.

Windows 7

1. Go to Start > Computer.
  2. In the Portable Devices Section, double click on your camera.
  3. Double-click on the GoPro MTP Client Disk Volume.
  4. Drag your photos and video to your desired storage location.

Tourist

How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 7

What are you trying to do?

Transfer files from the camera to a Windows 7 computer

Where does it apply?
  • HERO5 Black
  • HERO5 Session
  • HERO4
  • HERO Session + HERO4 Session
  • HERO3+
  • HERO+ LCD
  • HERO+
  • HERO
  • Windows 7
  • GoPro Studio
  • GoPro App for Desktop
  • Quik for desktop
How to do it

There are a few different ways to get your photos and videos from the camera to your computer.

link.jpg
Tourist

But.. I don't have problems to import files to my pc, I just need the program to edit the videos in w7 32bits, I hope you can help me. I don't have problems to import files!
Tourist

GoPro needs to understand that people will still be using Windows 7 as long as Microsoft supports it.  Microsoft announced it will still support Windows 7 until January 14, 2020.  GoPro has quite obviously and quite publicly had significant financial difficulties.  Alienating (or just pissing off) existing and potential customers is not a way to stay in business.  

Tourist

@jefft

I downloaded an installed Quik.

It does not have GoPro Studio packaged with it. At this point I have no idea how I am supposed to process my timelapse videos on this new PC.

Quik does NOT have the same functionality. Its looks like a stripped down version of Studio.   Its missing the filters, audio settings, and various other settings.

This is not cool at all :|

I think I still have the install media for GoPro Studio on my other PC (I hope I do). If not i'll have to torrent it or find it elsewhere...because Quik is not a suitable replacement for GoPro Studio!   

Why would GoPro replace an awesome product with an inferior product and expect everyone to be cool about it?

Why did I pay $500 for this camera only have the main application I use with it be taken away and replaced with junk?

GoPro Community Manager

You're correct that starting with the latest version of Quik that we have decided to no longer offer Studio. If you already had Studio on your computer, you can continue to use it.

As an alternative, there are many editors available that you can use to create more complicated edits than you might be able to do with Quik in its Create mode. Check out iMovie if you're on a Mac or VSDC if you're on a PC.

More info about the discontinuation of Studio is available at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Studio-End-of-Life-FAQ.

Sightseer

And what about drivers for Win7 64-bit? My Hero4's are coming up as unrecognized USB devices. These are cameras we've owned for years, but the computer we use them with was replaced. Method #4 is not working for us, unfortunately.