Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

yeah GoPro didn't care enought to support Windows 7 users.  They did't want to support it because I think the folks at GoPRO are realizing that it's not worth spending time on supporting it.  I think they realized the end is coming and don't care about customers.  Glad they are going out of business and will be bought by Chinese counterfeit companies.  The lastest GoPro studio seems to have features the windows 7 doesn't.  I was able to download the windows 7 version from this thread but I don't see it anymore.

There are lots of equivlanet counterfeits out there that are comparable to GoPro and way cheaper than goPro.  My friend bought an SJCAM and he loves it.

Tourist

Not only did Gopro cut down on their customer service calls as you suggested.  They also cut down on their customer base.  Maybe 2019 will hold a "comeback".  I doubt it.   https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/01/09/is-gopro-set-for-success-in-2019.aspx

Sightseer

I have Window 7 Pro and Quik software says it needs a newer version of Windows.  How do I donwload Studio for Windows 7.  My old program worked fine.  Then I uploaded update and it won't work.  I cannot find Stuido that will work with Windows 7 Pro.

Explorer

Sightseer

Absolutely and exactly how I feel.  You are 100% correct.  GoPro want to have their cake and eat it.  They weren't complaining when they were taking our money for their products but now they just dump us and move on to their newer customers with their newer Windows O/S.  I have WIndows 7 and have deliberately not upgraded to 10, and now my Studio software is starting to play up.  Total b*ll*cks.

Sightseer

I just packaged up my Fusion I bought from Target for $299.99. Being forced into windows 10 and literally having the software crash nonstop has just gotten on my nerves. Thank you (read all 27 pages of this thread) for helping decide that I don't really want this.

Tourist

Maybe a class action suit is in order...I'd be on board. Can't find anywhere where it states Windows 10 required for Hero 7 Black.

Highlighted
Explorer

Because Windows 10 isn't required for HERO7 Black. For the optional software it is (which is listed in the system requirements), but not for the camera. The Quik Desktop app isn't required for updating, editing, cloud uploading, or even adding GPS gauges. Good luck trying to find an attorney stupid enough to take up a class action lawsuit.