Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

[ New ]

Quick is currently available from the Go Pro website, I cannot use it because of not having windoze 10, which is why the argument started here

Anonymous

[ New ]

My point is that to add telemetry and gauges into my GoPro Vids but I tried VSDC and Garmin VIRB but seems like it won't work.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I want a software to be able to add telemetry and gauges into GoPro vids.

Explorer

[ New ]
You can download Racerender or Daahware to add telemetry guages. Again, much better programs than Quik for desktop. Daahware is owned by GoPro. RaceRender is free but for full capacity you do need to pay for it. It works great though, and the free version still has more options than Quik. http://racerender.com/RR3/Download.html
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Daniel

is Daahware correct ?or might be dashware?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

It's Dashware. 

For reference you may check this article: How to Overlay Telemetry from GoPro Cameras in Dashware

Thanks!

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks Bro!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks Aragon 1006

Tourist

[ New ]

I need to get software for windows 7, so I can manage my GoPro files.

Tourist

[ New ]

Manage? how?

Tourist

[ New ]

I recently formatted the hard drive on my desktop. I've since tried to find the software that I downloaded when I got my GoPro. It used to initiate when I connected the camera to my computer. When I tried downloading on GoPro site,  a message popped up, suggesting I need to upgrade to a newer version of Window, from 7

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @avcl

Apologies. We are not able to provide older versions of the Quik app for desktop. The current version that is available works only with Windows 10. If upgrading to Windows 10 is not possible, you can still manage your GoPro media through your computer by manually transferring the files through an SD card adapter, then you can use third-party editing apps like VSDC for Windows for your edits. Alternatively, you can import your GoPro media from the camera to a mobile device through the GoPro App. Other members also shared other editing apps that you can use. You can view this thread for more information. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

What software was I using before? Have you lost that one, or just misplaced it? It was working just fine on  Windows 7

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @avcl

We no longer have the old version of Quik for desktop or GoPro Studio. 

You may try to download an install VSDC as an alternative: http://www.videosoftdev.com/

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for purchasing our product but it is not possible for us to leave download link to older version of GoPro Studio that support Windows 7/8/8.1 but we offer 35GB Cloud Storage so you see why we can't host such big files anymore

Tourist

[ New ]

What? 

That makes no sense. Give me a little credit here.

An honest explanation would have served you far better. If I had respect, it's dwindling.

No matter, GoPro has made their money.

Be careful, other brands will come along, and treat customers well. Rest assured. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]

I feel sure there are some nice people here that have sufficient storage space for a working version of GP studio and if asked nicely would likely send to you, unless it's available on one of those downloading sites

Explorer

[ New ]
There are download sites that have the software. Be careful as they often bundle in AdWare and sometimes MalWare.

Truthfully, the best solution is to just use a better Video Editor. Studio was well past it's prime and never was that stable to begin with. Studio was unable to handle HEVC and the higher bitrate videos of the newer GoPro cameras so it just wasn't feasible or cost effective to keep supporting it ( the number of complaints and issues alone required too much of Customer Service's time). Quik for Desktop is pretty limited and also has it's issues. If you like Quik style videos, you are much better off using the mobile app.

For Free Desktop editing, consider one of the following (all much better than Studio):
DaVinci Resolve
HitFilm Express
VSDC Video editor
ShotCut
Lightworks
VideoProc
and others...

You do not need the GoPro desktop software for importing media or even updating your camera, so I wouldn't risk putting unintentional software on your computer by downloading from third party sites, but they are out there and the software can easily be found.
Tourist

[ New ]

It's worse than that, they simply don't want to offer you to download it anymore, they just refer you to another software !!?? And even worse is that they have it, they simply don't give the link to it!!! 

Tourist

[ New ]

the worst customer service I ever saw

Tourist

[ New ]

Excuse me,

I did ask nicely (what am I, a ten year old?) the first time. But after I received a lame, made up excuse, which made no sense, and insulted the reasonably normal level of intelegence I believe I have, I became frustrated.

I believe the fact of the matter is, this software is in the company's possession, but no one can be bothered to go the extra mile to satisfy customers, or at least try to help them, for fear they will have to provide support if the software is out there.

I'm not asking for much.

After, having spent well over $400 on this "rugged little camera", only to discover it came with no Micro SD car $45.00, and having to replace the mount ($25 plus shipping) after two weeks of limited use (had not been used in any sort of rough conditions), and then three months later, discovering the cubicle case was broken (another $25 plus shipping, without any rough usage), and no complaints from me, just quietly paying to replace the stuff that broke,  I thought perhaps it was time to speak out and ask for some support.

Andy 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello Andy

Sorry to hear that all that happened to you, if helps your not the only one, and Go Pro dosent care a bit, so a company that dosent care about there clients,,,,,,, is just not wort it at all.... and as each time better and better cameras come ,,,,,,, this one Gopro, apart of cubic and problematic, and not good and no support help anything just buy from me fill the excel sheet clients dont matter there just numbers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is not even worth it, got another and now fine...

so is just make belive marketing that sells and many leave and go away..

Best of Lucks but if is not a cheap cam nd has problems and no support and dont listen..... is logical what to do

Hiker

[ New ]

What service??? there is any

Tourist

[ New ]

lollll really GoPro service is the worst ever, first they tell people they don't offer the win7/8/8.1 version of gopro studiio anymore without any good reason. I found that they still have it available but just don't want us to have it, I post the link to it directly from gopro website and they remove it from my post!!?? What is your problem gopro?????

Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

https:// software.gopro.com/PC/GoProStudioPC-2.5.10.4851.exe

Tourist

[ New ]

Unfortunately, now they have your monies from your purchase, they do not care if you are able to update using Windows 7.  I am in the same situation over a year after everyone has raised this issue to Go Pro.  CLEARLY, they are no customer focused and do not care if we go elsewhere.  Sad.  I purchased 4 different cameras from them over the years.  I SHALL PURCHASE NO MORE FROM GOPRO!  There WILL be a better product come along as a result of this coporate arrogant attitude of "Screw the little guys!"

Tourist

[ New ]

Not like it matters to GoPro, but their clear lack of attention to the requests for support from what appears to be hundreds of very dissatisified GoPro customers over their lack of continued support for any Microsoft Windows OS prior to Windows 10 demonstrates an utter lack of respect for the folks who made them what they are today.  Why would ANY company so blatantly quit supporting computer operating systems still being widely used AND SUPPORTED like Windows 7, ESPECIALLY when Windows 10 has created a huge negative sentiment among the users duped into 'upgrading' their OSs?  I recently purchased a new Hero 7 Black and Karma Handle apparatus only to find out I cannot update its firmware, etc., because I do not have windows 10 on my home computer!  "Infuriated" does not even begin to remotely describe my feelings toward GoPro, its products, AND the corporate yuckleheads who decided to abandon a large portion of its customer base.  VERY short-sighted!  Guess it's time to "short" GoPro on the stock market.  I see a failing company when they have to cut corners to keep relevant in the market place.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thats why and a lot more

Gopro is just................useles as no nothing in any sense so dumped all and another brand and all ok support help do all not just stuck up so called managers

Explorer

[ New ]
The Quik Desktop App isn't required to update any GoPro products, including Karma. You don't need Studio and you don't need Quik.

You should really consider learning how to edit with a proper non-linear editor. There are plenty of free options available.

When Studio was available, people did nothing but complain. Nobody who actually cared about editing used Studio, especially with DaVinci Resolve being available for free.

Instead of wasting time complaining, maybe use that time to learn how to edit videos. I gave a lot of alternatives in earlier post.
Explorer

[ New ]
@charlesm40
Now is time to Short GoPro?
LOL, boy are you late to the game. Hope your editing skills are better than your investment analysis.
Explorer

[ New ]
@charlesm40
"There WILL be a better product come along"
Possible, but so far year after year, it's GoPro that continues to lead.
Tourist

[ New ]

Welllll...considering all I am attempting to do is 'UPDATE' the DEVICE as I stated, I reckon I could give one flying F about any editing!  YOU should really learn to read there young one!

Explorer

[ New ]
Well, considering you don't need the software to update, it shouldn't be a problem then.
Explorer

[ New ]
Page 8 of this thread for updating Karma Grip and a few of the cameras. If you have the Karma System, connect the controller to home WiFi, turn drone on with camera attached, controller will update stabilizer, drone, camera, and controller.

For all other cameras, go to update page, select camera and then manually update.
Tourist

[ New ]

So, everytime I attempt to 'update' my camera's and Karma Grip's firmware, the system "requires" the Quik aplication in order to perform said update.  Enlighten me oh wise ass'd one!

@danielr15 wrote:
Well, considering you don't need the software to update, it shouldn't be a problem then.

Sightseer

[ New ]

So annoying!!! They should do something about this

Explorer

[ New ]

Agreed.  People still clinging to Windows 7 should do something about it, like upgrading to Windows 10.

Mainstream support for Windows 7 has already ended.  All other support will end in a little over one year from today.

https://www.hitechsupport.net/blog/if-you-haven-t-upgrading-from-windows-7-should-be-a-priority

There are plenty of free video/photo editing options available and you can always just update your devices manually or with the Mobile app, so it's not incumbent on GoPro to have to provide solutions to people who refuse to update to a compatible OS.

Sightseer

[ New ]

If you are searching file explorer windows 10 then you have yo visit my website it will give you the step wise step procedure for your hurdle.

Sightseer

[ New ]

IT VERKS   >>>  thanks guys

http s    software  gopro com/PC/GoProStudioPC-2.5.10.4851. exe

Sightseer

[ New ]

Exact Link : 

Smiley Wink

Tourist

[ New ]
Daniel,

Got are forgetting the software was there then taken away. Also windows 10 is garbage, the are so many unneeded system taxing items on windows 10.
Tourist

[ New ]

hey camelkicker, what a cool name!!  Thanks for telling us that regarding Windoze 10, I had my suspicions and nearly went for it. Those new interfaces are very resource hungry I'm sure but it's unlikely I'll ever need them. Also hated the silly dog and the papercip that asked me if I needed any help writing a letter.

FWIW, I upgraded to the latest version on Pinnacle studio ultimate which gets over the problem of lens distortion. 

OMG  yes really, I bought software!!  paid money for it!!   not a huge amount buy expect it will coat less than £1 a week.

Just wonder if any of these cheapskates here have heard of Final cut pro and would they have a heart attack at the price

Explorer

[ New ]

Software was never taken away.  They just stopped providing it.  It's not like GoPro went into your computer and deleted the program.  In fact, I still have Studio on my computer.  Installing Quik does not un-install Studio.  I guess some people don't back up their systems, but this is hardly GoPro's fault.  

As far as Windows 7 vs Windows 10.  Your extended support window (mind the pun) is closing for Windows 7 users.  Feel free to risk your data without security updates, but the majority of people are now on Windows 10 and doing just fine with it.  I'm personally not having any issues and now like it much more than Windows 7.  But, to each their own.  However, decisions have consequences.  In this case, the consequence to not upgrading to Windows 10 is not having newer programs being made available to you.  As long as you are satisfied with all of the programs you have now in their current state, no problem.  Over time though, this wont just be a GoPro software issue as more and more software companies will stop spending the time, money, and resources with backward compatibility to Windows 7.  That's just a fact of life.  But, you've chosen it, so you only have yourself to blame if it leads to you being unhappy or unsatisfied.

Tourist

[ New ]

>As far as Windows 7 vs Windows 10. Your extended support window (mind the pun) is closing for Windows 7 users. Feel free to risk your data without security updates,

Just like all those security problems that XP had after its support ended, I work in IT and expected to read of many hackers reverse engineering patches that inlcuded common code for XP, Vista & 7 and I never heard of one.

Win 10 offers nothing but problems/annoyances over 7 IMO

Explorer

[ New ]
Yeah, security updates are for suckers. It's all conspiracy lies. There are no security risk. In fact, when they say they are releasing updates it's just gum drops and lollipops.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have spent a lot of my time telling clients "yes always install windows updates" etc etc but after xp had no updates I had several clients refuse to update to a newer OS and they were fine for many years with no updates

On my HTPC I run win 7 with updates turned off and no antivirus with no problems

Security updates arent the be all and end all

Explorer

[ New ]
Excellent IT support. Sounds like your clients are getting their money's worth.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

And maybe you could learn to read as well..........