Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

Daniel,

Got are forgetting the software was there then taken away. Also windows 10 is garbage, the are so many unneeded system taxing items on windows 10.
Highlighted
Tourist

hey camelkicker, what a cool name!!  Thanks for telling us that regarding Windoze 10, I had my suspicions and nearly went for it. Those new interfaces are very resource hungry I'm sure but it's unlikely I'll ever need them. Also hated the silly dog and the papercip that asked me if I needed any help writing a letter.

FWIW, I upgraded to the latest version on Pinnacle studio ultimate which gets over the problem of lens distortion. 

OMG  yes really, I bought software!!  paid money for it!!   not a huge amount buy expect it will coat less than £1 a week.

Just wonder if any of these cheapskates here have heard of Final cut pro and would they have a heart attack at the price

Highlighted
Explorer

Software was never taken away.  They just stopped providing it.  It's not like GoPro went into your computer and deleted the program.  In fact, I still have Studio on my computer.  Installing Quik does not un-install Studio.  I guess some people don't back up their systems, but this is hardly GoPro's fault.  

As far as Windows 7 vs Windows 10.  Your extended support window (mind the pun) is closing for Windows 7 users.  Feel free to risk your data without security updates, but the majority of people are now on Windows 10 and doing just fine with it.  I'm personally not having any issues and now like it much more than Windows 7.  But, to each their own.  However, decisions have consequences.  In this case, the consequence to not upgrading to Windows 10 is not having newer programs being made available to you.  As long as you are satisfied with all of the programs you have now in their current state, no problem.  Over time though, this wont just be a GoPro software issue as more and more software companies will stop spending the time, money, and resources with backward compatibility to Windows 7.  That's just a fact of life.  But, you've chosen it, so you only have yourself to blame if it leads to you being unhappy or unsatisfied.

Highlighted
Tourist

>As far as Windows 7 vs Windows 10. Your extended support window (mind the pun) is closing for Windows 7 users. Feel free to risk your data without security updates,

Just like all those security problems that XP had after its support ended, I work in IT and expected to read of many hackers reverse engineering patches that inlcuded common code for XP, Vista & 7 and I never heard of one.

Win 10 offers nothing but problems/annoyances over 7 IMO

Highlighted
Explorer

Yeah, security updates are for suckers. It's all conspiracy lies. There are no security risk. In fact, when they say they are releasing updates it's just gum drops and lollipops.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have spent a lot of my time telling clients "yes always install windows updates" etc etc but after xp had no updates I had several clients refuse to update to a newer OS and they were fine for many years with no updates

On my HTPC I run win 7 with updates turned off and no antivirus with no problems

Security updates arent the be all and end all

Highlighted
Explorer

Excellent IT support. Sounds like your clients are getting their money's worth.
Highlighted
Tourist

And maybe you could learn to read as well..........