Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

Go pro studio previous version is working with Windows 7 but video vision are not fluent. I don’t think it’s matter of Pc. Do you have same problem?
Ths
Highlighted
Tourist

@gsaventure wrote:
Go pro studio previous version is working with Windows 7 but video vision are not fluent. I don’t think it’s matter of Pc. Do you have same problem?
Ths

Not exactly sure what you mean by "fluent"; perhaps fluid is a more commonly used expression for jerky playback of the footage. Most often this is a hardware issue associated with Video RAM, hardware RAM and hard drive speed.

Video manipulation is very demanding on PC resources. Are you running any background programs at the same time?

And programmers tend to write ever increasingly demanding power hungry applications. Times I wish I were back with Pinnacle 9 which would capture at lo-res and then recapture at full res only when assembling the final render

Highlighted
Tourist

I mean jerky. I have 6 gb ram. No software in playback. Could it depend on 60fps video?

Highlighted
Tourist

@gsaventure wrote:

I mean jerky. I have 6 gb ram. No software in playback. Could it depend on 60fps video?

With that much RAM I doubt it. Would doubt it is 60fps either, so at this point am stumped and would wonder where to look next, sorry

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks!

Highlighted
Explorer

6GB RAM is not very much and it's on the very low end for video editing. 8GB is really the lowest you should go and even that is going to be difficult. Studio is very resource intensive. In Step 2, make sure you have playback resolution set to 1/4 (quarter). It won't look great but will playback smoother. This won't effect the final output and will make the editing process easier.
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I not a happy consumer, have windows 7 and gopro 5 

This discontinuation of Win 7 download is unacceptable and Im forced to buy a new computer and like windows 7

Highlighted
Hiker

Why the guys in gopro are so short minded is incredible, ok if where not the leading brand sure that will go bankrupt,

as you stated the only way is a legal acction

this stuff was made so can be friendly and easy to use not just the very opposite

they wont do a thing, they dont care for any, except if this affect sales and so there income

never liked gopro to bulky and clumsy but ok bought one and this guys dont even have the vision that can work with any software,

so all the stuff got rid of it as is is just that: crap, why on earth one has to buy a thing that creat a huge amount of problems just because they want ???

ok you buy a car but service is 1.500 km away and only attend to clients Tuesday from 10 to 12 am is somethig like this super inlogical

so if they want to be short minded an ddo all in that sense

enjoy your dowfall as have proved that you are not worth of nothing