Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

This is nuts. GoPro, are you listening? 11 pages of "no solution available." Any change in that position?

Tourist

Since they decided to remove my link and make the web a less free place. just do a Google search for GoPro Studio download.

Hiker

@gsaventure

what version of studio do you use?

did you install studio+quick over an existing 'new quick' v 2.51 installation? then remove quick 2.51 and reinstall quick 2.3

Vsign from mz-adventure :)

Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15

mate, sometimes even the most faithful should admit that things go wrong when things are really going wrong.

> First, GoPro is a hardware company

so what is working inside a gopro cam for image processing? Diodes? Tubes?

and if it's just a hardware company why not shut down the media cloud (this is no hardware, no?).

> GoPro is an Action Camera company that happens to provide free Desktop software

no, it's not free. It would be if the IT staff worked in their freetime or not get payed.

The PC and app software is in the price of each cam. This is one of the reasons why we pay more for a Gopro. Without studio you get less for the money. 

The studio was  part of a 'package' : buy the cam, install the software, be happy. Now you expect from people that may have trouble with basic pc function to behave like experienced IT-experts, spending hours and hours learning complex highend software like daVinci and configuring their pcs, and if they are not able or not willing you call them an 'issue'.

At home we are two IT people, use Adobe CS PS/LR, music DAWs and synth software,  maintain our motorcyles and bikes completely on our own -  and use Gopro studio as we are both not willing to fiddle around with DaVinci or PE just to cut a 5 minutes vid from a 3 hours afternoon mountainbike ride.

> GoPro does not have to provide desktop software.

of course they do not. Garmin does not have to provide Basecamp 'folks, get you some 3rd party software or pay $$$ for an overcomplicated TTQV'.  BMW or Mercedes do not have to provide HERE when selling navigation systems 'dear customer, we sold you a $2000 nav system, but now decided to switch off HERE, we are a car builder, no software company, so find you some opensource and see if you can run it on your nav system" . And a fligth company does not have to provide dinner and drinks during a 10 hours flight as they are no catering service (eat beore take off ..)

Gopro has big big financial struggles, that's the one and only reason. Nobody is guillotined when saying this frankly.

Au contraire. Closing the eyes, claming for detractions won't do them any favour.

For my person, I really hope Gopro will survive and will not end as yet another chinese investors brand.

And we consider buying a second Session as were are highly - I repeat : highly - satisfied with it's versatility, the bullet prooved build quality and its 'image style'.

Sightseer

I will be replacing all four of my gopros for another brand screw ya 'll

Sightseer

im having the same problem as many of you. I always shoot footage of a family ski trip and last year made a fantastic video, this year (because i run win 7 still) i wont be able to make another video. 

Next year ill be shooting w. a garmin virb as they give like atleast half a f*** about their customers. 

Tourist

Is it your custom to remove your editing software? If you installed it last year and it is still there, you can use it, as I do, the version I have being GoPro Studio PC-2.5.7.549

@cortmccoy wrote:

im having the same problem as many of you. I always shoot footage of a family ski trip and last year made a fantastic video, this year (because i run win 7 still) i wont be able to make another video. 

Next year ill be shooting w. a garmin virb as they give like atleast half a f*** about their customers. 

Sightseer

I had to re image my disk and foolishly didnt include the editing software (i figured i could re-download it when needed) so i lost the software unfortunately.