Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

To my understanding the GoPro studio software was provided free for GoPro owners, not as part of the sales package. What first alerted me to the existance the the software was some users remarking how amazing the slow motion effects were, especially from a free product.

Surely anyone who is serious enough to buy a GoPro is similarly of sufficient intelligence and means to acquire and has used packages such as Final cut and main actor or others made for the semi professional by Corel.

An expression regarding horses, gifts and the mouth come to mind

Tourist

Not sure who you were replying to or what the point of your post was but GoPro Studio AND Quick | Desktop are both free...with or without a GoPro....nobody is arguing that. But NOTHING is free. You've essentially paid for the GoPro Studio and Quik | Desktop when you bought the camera. So if I bought a Hero6 and dicovered that I could only use the software with Windows 10. I would immediately return it.

I personally have a GoPro Hero4 Black and don't see the need for paying $400 for something that is only marginally better. Same with Windows 10. (Crapware).

Anyone with sufficient intelligence to use Final Cut or Premier Pro can surely use Openshot or Kden Live and would save themselves the $$ and buy some equipment that actually matters.

Hiker

I just bought the Karma Drone, with GoPro 6 for myself at Xmas. I'm happy with everything, except the fact my laptop runs Windows 7 64bit Pro!

I came on this thread looking for an answer to the download problem, looks like it ain't gonna happen.

Never mind, I've got my own editing software, and still a kick ass laptop, (Even if it's not Win 10), I just thought for such an expensive camera they might have kept the previous versions of windows alive. Obviously there's some boardroom dicisions, we as consumers, are not privvy too. For example, I have an iPhone 6s, all the software (or APP's) downloaded in an instant, my camera loves talking to my phone! Just makes you wonder who GoPro are, 'getting into bed with', as the saying goes.

Not to worry, I'm enjoying my Drone and should be taking the camera underwater for the first time soon. Lets see if GoPro and Mr Woodman can perform in that respect. :)

Highlighted
Tourist

I don't know if this will work, but it just might. Have attached the former version of studio software that did work with Windoze 7, otherwise contact me privately

Tourist

Surprise surprise, attaching it failed so contact me videolondon@gmail.com
Tourist

There are still more Windows 7 users vs. Windows 10:

http://gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

just hard to understand GoPro position..... do they care about their customers.

Sightseer

This has been the absolute WORST buyer/new user experice of my nerd-career.  I'm not tech-phobic and am trained as a IP-network trainer of teachers.   I've seen stooopid low-documentation "deliverables" before, but my "joy" of this purchase is long ass gone.   I'll try to start-all over again tommorrw... or just cancel the purchase and shop elsewhere .   

Tourist

Hi, ths to all of you for your help.

this my updated situazion:

windows 7

downoladed quik and GoPro studio old version

quik : When it plays video, it’s glitchy so it’s pratically impossible to watch and to edit 

GoPro Studio : it works. So, if i have to play video, I import it clicking on “import new files”. Not the best .....

media player and vlc work correctly.

Have you found some solution to make quik work?