Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

Hi, I have downloaded this version for Windows 7 and it works but to play videos is very difficult as non fluent. Is it the sa e for you?

ths 

Highlighted
Tourist

You know, GoPro just really hurt themselves market wise and really slapped customers and future customers in the face. Working in a large enterprise we are looking for camera systems for all the security guards that they can take with them, and for employees in riskier locations. Working IT and knowing GoPro I recommended that brand. We are talking starting easy 20-100 cameras then if goes well could go company wide which would be thousands of cameras (large mining and chemical processing, cameras for safety are greatly needed). But now I have pull my recommendation since this software mess. Being an enterprise network, we are not up to Windows 10 yet. When you are looking at 10k+ workstations, and 1000+ servers needing upgraded, it takes time and money. GoPro is struggling with the market since cheap knock off. But at this point those knock offs are providing better customer support and experience. In all reality, GoPro not just lost out of income from being to lazy to provide a simple link for older versions of software like about every company does with software, but you have lost a loyal customer.
Highlighted
Tourist

Probably just a limitation of your computer. I find the best way to play the raw files smoothly is to find them in Windows explorer and play them with Windows media player (surprisingly), or vlc media player.
Highlighted
Tourist

vlc - requires some tuning to play 4k videos and fails with the slow motion

Media player fails in both ways

It hard to believe, that GoPro fails to provide any viewer for the recoded videos

with their cameras.

I've also tried other GoPro software like Quik with the OsX (High Sierra).

Quik is a piece of s*** on the OSX. e.g. mine issue:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-for-desktop-on-mac-crashing-in-create-mod...

oter items:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-For-Mac-Fails-To-Import-Files/td-p/47750

Generally looks like, that GoPro fails to create any desktop based software.

The only one question: How many bugs exist in the GoPro software which runs in the camera

if they fail to develop video viewer for the videos recored with their cameras?

Highlighted
Explorer

VLC, designed by people specifically for media playback, fails.

Windows Media Player, designed by a software company with nearly unlimited resources, fails.

GoPro's free media editing and payback software, designed by a relatively small action camera company (brand recognition does not equate to size of company), does not work for you.

First, GoPro is a hardware company. Most other action camera companies don't provide any media software. Those that do, provide very basic software and usually it's just a third party software that they rebrand or just give access to.

Second, if you are having issues with software developed by software companies, perhaps you should consider it's your computer hardware that is failing to perform.

GoPro software, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, Corel VideoStudio, and Windows Media Player all handle media captured on my GoPro cameras (including Hero6 Black).

Lastly, equating computer media editing software with the camera software is just ignorant and silly. Two very different devices, two entirely different divisions of the company, and two very different functions. GoPro is an Action Camera company that happens to provide free Desktop software as well as three very good mobile apps.

GoPro does not have to provide desktop software. You are not obligated to use it to use their cameras. If you want a more advanced editor, GoPro recommends free alternatives. If you want more advanced software you can try DaVinci Resolve or pay for software developed by software companies.

For playback, just about any software developed in the past couple years should work. If it doesn't, upgrade your computer or shoot in a lower resolution/frame rate. The issue is you, your computer, or both.
Highlighted
Tourist

Ths for your answer. It works but the problem it’s not possible to edit clips with Quick. Do i have to use a different program? And which?

Highlighted
Explorer

On page nine I give links to VSDC and DaVinci Resolve which will both work for editing on a computer.

Quik (iPhone and Android) and Splice (iPhone) are good mobile apps.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't call it laziness, it's more like Microsoft paid GoPro to only make new products for Windows 10. And it's quite obvious since they've removed any links to the old GoPro Studio.

But enough digging can prove fruitful: