Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio Software for windows 7

I just bought GoPro Hero 6.

Hard to believe, that GoPro fails to support Windows 7 OS,

I assume GoPro fails in more areas also, can be this laziness used

to return their product back?

Windows 7 is supported till January 14 2020 by Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Highlighted
Hiker

I have Win.7 64bit and it is becoming a waste for having this GoPro Session I bought a year ago. I have GoPro Studio and Quick loaded in my PC for 3 years now(?). I spent hours trying to make my own video while trying to learn and familiarize their video editor (not the Quick). After a day of organizing my videos, GoPro Studio starts to be unresponsive and freeze up on "Step 2" Editing. I have read all comments and issues with this problem and I realized I made wrong decision to buy this expensive Camera. Hopefully GoPro company will find a way to resolve this "glitch" or their product will turn to be expensive garbage. 

Highlighted
Explorer

If you've read all of the comments then you may know that Studio is not required, nor is it the best free editor, for editing videos captured with your camera. The camera is not tied to Studio in any way. Studio was a free program available with or without purchase of a GoPro camera. As it is no longer being developed, distributed, or supported, it is very unlikely that you will see a resolution to the "glitch" you are experiencing.
Highlighted
Hiker

I believe this editing tool was originally associated with GoPro Camera that's why it was called GoPro Studio. Anyways, I have to find other editing tool I can use to edit my videos or sell it for good. Thanks.
Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Tourist

Google this:

GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383.exe

The first link on google on filehorse.com has what you want, Quik and Gopro Studio for win7 :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've just plugged in my hero 4 silver (for the second time ever) to find the program doesn't support windows 7 anymore.... LUCKILY i backup all my programs so i HAVE the old companion app installer.
Should anyone else want it, email me and il upload it somewhere and email you the link.
Seems links posted here are being removed...,

Highlighted
Sightseer

u can create a virtual machine with W10 and then u can download the app there