Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio Crashing

I have had this same issue and it is VERY FRUSTRATING.  Brand new computer too!  Do we have a resolution to this yet?  I am trying to create 2 saved files and manually save every minute but this is just inconvenient.....

GoPro

Hey @Anonymous, reall sorry to hear that you are having an issue with GoPro Studio crashing.

Have you tried the posted work around, which would be deleting the "appsettings" file from your computer? We have seen this work around help with this issue in the past. Give it a try and let us know how it works out for you.

For the PC, you would need to browse to C://Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/GoPro. The 'appsettings' file is in the GoPro folder at this location. Delete the file and re launch GoPro Studio. Keep in mind that the AppData folder is a hidden folder by default.  You need to choose to show hidden files and folders for this to be visible. 

Windows 7

• To show hidden files, just click on the Organize button in any folder, and then select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.  This will open the Folder Options window.
  •  Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window.
  • In Advanced Settings, locate "Hidden files and folders." Select Show hidden files and folders.

Windows 8 & 10

• From Control Panel type "folder" into the search bar and select Show hidden files and folders.  This will open the Folder Options window.
  • Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window.
  • In Advanced Settings, locate "Hidden files and folders." Select Show hidden files and folders.

Hang in there and try going over the steps above. Come back and let everyone know how it works out for you. If you are still having issues, let us know and we can try the next steps. 

Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem.

Spent about four days creating my masterpiece.

Then as I try to save before exporting to Vimeo, 

Crash! - hangs up saving (never happened before)

Crash! - cannot load the gcs file. All is lost.

Performance issues? Well I replaced my 4-way 4GB i5

with an HP Envy 4-way 6th Gen i5 with 8GB.

because the original laptop would crash on every export.

I am wondering if I should try different software?

But I noticed that GoPro Studio crashed immediately

when I loaded files from non-GoPro cameras.

So maybe GoPro recordings can only be edited by GoPro Studio?

Q: Do I need new laptop, new software, AND a new camera?

It's getting too expensive - might give up.

Attached a picture of the error message I get when starting GoPro Studio on the new Windows 10 system I bought hoping to run it.

Capture.JPG
GoPro

Hey @Anonymous,

You mentioned that the software has never hung up on your when saving. Did you recall having any clips left over in the import/conversion bins of Step 1?

Also, although your project cannot load itself, is it larger than 0kb in size? If so, it may be possible to recover the project.

GoPro Studio isn’t designed to work with 3rd party footage, so I can’t say that I’m surprised to hear that Studio crashed upon loading that in. If you want to combine GoPro footage with non-GoPro footage, then using another editing program would be the best way to go.

Ultimately, many of the issues reported in this post are being resolved with future updates. It’s just a matter of time before that happens.

Thanks!

~Mowens

Anonymous

My GoPro Studio crashes during the export stage. 

I'm trying to export a 7 minute clip filled with videos, time lapse photos, and 3 pictures. The export percentage went to 15% after 8 hours!! Left it overnight only to wake up with the debuggin error crash. 

I've completed 2-3 minute video clips but even then, I cringe during the export stage in fear that I would get that crash error. Which it did a couple of times. 

Back to this 7 minute clip. On my umpteenth attempt. My confidence in this software is drastically dropping. Here are my specs:

Windows 10/ i5-2300 cpu @ 2.80ghz/ 8 gb RAM

Shouldn't GoPro have a disclaimer saying that you need a SUPERCOMPUTER in order to export videos? *Beyond frustrated*

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous. We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with exporting as well, but we are happy to help out. 

Can you confirm that you have attempted to delete the 'appsettings' file from your computer? Also, can you please provide us with your DxDiag report by following thses instructions:

1. Press hold down the Windows key and press R. This will open the Run window.
2. In the Run window type: 'dxdiag' and press OK.
3. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
4. Press the Display tab. Note all of the available graphics card info including graphics card name, driver version, and driver date.
5. If you want the dxdiag report sent in, click on "Save all information".
6. In the "Save As" window, the DirectX information will be saved as a text (.TXT) file. Designate where the file will be saved (such as the Desktop or other easily accessible location) and then click on the "Save" button.
7.The .TXT file can now be sent back in a case reply.

Once we hear back from you, we will be able ot provide you with the best possible workaround for you.

Anonymous

Yes, I have attempted to delete the 'appsettings' file from my computer. 

I can't attach the .txt file because it's an invalid extension. How do I send it via "case reply"? 

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hello? lol