Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Quik won't launch windows 10 PC

[ New ]

GoPro Quik for Desktop won't launch. It opens to the task bar and if I hover over it it shows a blank white screen. 
I have uninstalled it an reinstalled it both with the newest update and with my previous version. Same result. 
I have gone under the appdata and deleted the gopro folder and the file it said to delete. 
I have set the compatiblilty to what it showed under the properties/compatibilty tab. 

Initially it wasn't saving the gauges to my video files for some reason. Now I can't even get GoPro Quik to launch. 

I have a GoPro Hero 5 Black. 
I'm using an HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10

It appears this is an issue many, many people are having. 

The only thing I haven't yet tried is setting up a new user account. I'm trying to avoid that step if possible. 

Help and thank you. 

Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik won't launch windows 10 PC

[ New ]

Adding a screenshot from my Task Manager on the 7 processes that are running with GoPro Quik on my laptop. 

GoProTask.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @greenoasis40365

Were you able to try using another account?

If you haven't yet, you may also try the steps on Quik for desktop Fails to Launch

Should it still be the same, you may explore other editing applications listed on Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

No I haven't tried creating a new user account yet. I was hoping to avoid that step but I may just have to give it a try. 

I did what it said to do if creating a new account worked. 

If Quik for desktop launches successfully under your new admin account, then you'll need to locate and delete the goproapp.json file from the problematic account on your computer. Follow the next set of steps to do this.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<OldUserName>\AppData\Local\GoPro\goproapp.json
  2. Delete the goproapp.json file and relaunch Quik for desktop.

But that didn't help. Did all the other steps, rebooting, reinstalling, setting the compatability settings. 
I installed the latest version of GoPro Desktop, failed. So then uninstalled and went back to the previous version I had. 

I'll give creating a new user account a go to see if that may help. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @greenoasis40365

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

I created a new user account in my Windows 10. 

GoPro Quik opens fine under the new user profile. 

I went back under the old user profile like it showed and deleted the goproapp.json file under the appdata directory. 

I tried launching the GoPro Quick again. I see it load to the task bar the goproapp.json file then appears under the appdata\GoPro but it fails to open the application. If I hover over it on the Task Bar the small white window box pops up but is blank and it won't maximize. 

I noticed that the Task Manager shows only 7 applications running under my old profile, posted the image previously. 
To where 9 application processes are running under it on the new user profile. See the attachment. 

GoProTskMgr.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @greenoasis40365

See if the steps on this thread will help.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks. I tried disabling my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card under my Display adapters. My GoPro Quik still fails to launch. 

I have tried all the steps mentioned, including creating a new user profile, then going back under the original profile and deleting the goproapp.json file. Completely uninstalled the program. Reinstalled my original version of GoPro Quik which didn't work, so went through the process and loaded the latest version. Still wouldn't work. 

It does seem to work if I open and use it on the New User Profile on my laptop. I haven't tested everything but the application does open up okay as long as I open it from the new user profile. 

Thanks again,  (It's still not working properly for me)

Tourist

[ New ]

May be you can try this software.

https://cor2tect.com/product/universal-gopro-app/

Just go wireless and auto downloading in your computer without any technical knowledge.