Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quik won't fully open

Every time I open GoPro Quik it acts like it is opening, it appears on the taskbar, but no window pops up. If I hover over the taskbar, it shows a white blank window, if I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried everything I can find online to fix this problem (uninstall, reinstall, restart, compatibility changes, etc) but I cannot get it to work.

I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik won't fully open

Hello, @haydend6450. There are troubleshooting steps here Quik for desktop Fails to Launch for you to try. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya I had some success with creating an admin account and installing and opening there. It works fine on the admin account, however, I went back to my original account, deleted the  goproapp.json file, but it still won't open on my regular account. I suppose that I could just use the other admin account for everything GoPro, but that would be a pain to do. Any suggestions? I deleted and reinstalled Quik after I deleted the .json file and it still didn't work. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @haydend6450

Kindly check if the steps shared on https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-Not-Responding/m-p/584447#/M27198 will help.

Thanks!

Ej