Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quik on Mac - No Video

Seems like this has been a long ongoing issue here....And yet still no solution.  Old posts dating back to last year it looks even.  Anyone out there have a link to an older Quik version as it seems GoPro won't be helping us out much here?

@GoPro any update for us or are we going to be kept in the dark?  Such a shame but very telling as to why the brand has struggled so hard as of late.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Quik on Mac - No Video

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought a Hero 8 about 3 weeks ago and am now regretting that decision.  I cannot get the blasted think to talk to my iMac at all, and it is incredibly temperamental with my phone.  I feel duped by a reputation that clearly does not live up to the reality of their software.  This has been going on, as you identify, for years now. Quite frankly that is unacceptable.

The hardware is worthless if it does not have workable software to back it up and a relatively straightforward UI.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@iainw3 - What errors in Quik for Desktop are you getting when you power on your GoPro while it's connected to your Mac?

Highlighted
Tourist

@iainw3 I had a TON of issues with my 6 a week or so ago as well talking to my phone, seems an update to the camera was a fix.  Have you tried to see if there is an update for the software on the camera?

That was what initially sparked all my issues as the footage I had logged was all but useless (play normally for the first 30 seconds or so then locked up with only audio).  I can no at least attempt to edit via the app however it is super cumbersome and NOT ideal to do so this way.  I need to do some more HW on the DJI products as that may be the route for me to go (sell the 6 and purchase from DJI).

Sucks to bc when the camera and desktop app were functional they were great, however, fast forward a few years now and it's pretty much an expensive paperweight that beeps.

Highlighted
Sightseer

For me I get the spinning wheel on the MAC Catalina OS but works on my laptop with the Mojave installed.