Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Quik is showing videos in Dark Blue! WTF!!!

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 6.33.38 PM.png

This is what my video looks like using Quik.  The video looks very normal on my GoPro Hero 5 when I play it on the camera, and it also looks very normal when played using studio.  Furthermore, still images taken from the same camera, at the same time look normal using Quik.  The problem is limited to the video.  I have downloaded the latest version of Quik.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 6.33.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-03 at 6.32.44 PM.png

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Quik is showing videos in Dark Blue! WTF!!!

bump

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @seana57

Thank you for sharing. This is definitely odd. Does it matter what resolution the video was recorded in? Have you been able to try playing video through other media player (that is, other than Studio)? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the program to see if the blue overlay is cleared out. I will bring this concern to the team in charge and will keep you posted. The actual number of Quik for desktop version that you have on your computer will be helpful.

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Video plays fine in iMovie, and the older GoPro Studio.  I have updated the software, and even updated to the latest Apple OS since I posted.  Still dark blue video.  Last year's videos are also in blue.  It doesn't seem to matter about the resolution but I don't have a wide range to choose from.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details, @seana57. As you mentioned, last year's videos are also in blue. Did you mean this particular issue has bee observed since last year? Or the issue is recent affecting last year's videos as well?

Highlighted
Hiker

To be honest, I'm not sure.  I didn't use Quik much after it was introduced and haven't shot video since a year ago.

Highlighted
Hiker

Sorry, I wan't completely answering the question.  When I open older videos, they play in dark blue currently.  Since Quik is relatively recent for me, I can't answer definitively whether some new thing has occurred with my computer that would cause this to happen.

I wish I could use Quik, but at least I can safely know that there is nothing wrong with the video files since they show correctly elsewhere.

There was another Mac user on this board who posted about this issue some months ago.  It would be great if GoPro could release an update that would resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @seana57

This has been raised up already and we will let you know as soon as we receive an update. 

Best Regards, 

-Jay