Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Nomad

GoPro Quik in Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave Beta) no longer pulls in media. Quik will need an update?

[ New ]

Hero 6 / Mac rMBP on OSX 10.13 worked great.   Now I am on the beta for OSX 10.14 Mojave which comes out later this year.   On 10.14 Quik senses the camera, however it no longer brings the media into my Mac.   No worries since I can do it via the micro-SD card, but I like to be able to use the USB-C cable when possible.   Quik version 2.6.2.770 via Quik's software update process tonight. 

If there is an update schedule for Quik I'd sure like to know.   I realize it may be sometime as I am on Apple's next OSX in beta version presently.  

Thank you.  

GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik in Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave Beta) no longer pulls in media. Quik will need an update?

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @stanleym7236. We will definitely keep you posted for any update on the Quik for desktop app through our channels - gopro .com website, email notifications if you have subscribed to it. At this time, we do not have information yet as to when a new update will be released though. Please continue to watch out for it. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Quik in Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave Beta) no longer pulls in media. Quik will need an update?

[ New ]

Please let me know when you update Quick to Mojave thank you

Tourist

[ New ]

I am also waiting for an update on this. Thanks. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Also waiting for this. Mojave will be released in few days...

Tourist

[ New ]

Having this problem, too. Camera appears in the Quik app. but it claims there's no media. And—I second Foggy's comment—Mojave will be officially related real soon now.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @michaelahlers

If you are getting No Media or No files to Import, you can also go over the steps on this article.

An update for the application has been released recently, please make sure that you have the latest version

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Latest GoPro Quick 2.7.0.874, latest and final Mojave 10.14, still this! GoPro is recognized, but there is no media after the camera is attached to Mac for an hour. When you plan to release a fix for this, this is so annoying, especcialy because you know the problem since weeks or even months. Снимок экрана 2018-10-03 в 12.48.04.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @royalcliff54553

Sorry for the trouble. Our team is looking into the matter and we are waiting for an update on a fix. In the meantime, you can manually import your GoPro files by inserting the SD card directly to your computer through an SD card adapter. We will keep you posted once we hear back from the team. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Please fix this... There are no SD slots or USB-A ports on the MacBook Pro 2018, and I'm not buying a dongle for USB-C to USB-A just because you guys can't get this to work...

Frustrating...

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue

Nomad

[ New ]
same here with hero 6
Sightseer

[ New ]

Doesnt appear to work in the GA release either.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is the gayest workaround ever, but I am downloading to my iPhone through the Quick app and then hooking my phone to my mac to download using Image Capture. Hopefully using words like gay triggers a response. #wackestUX

Sightseer

[ New ]

Interesting discovery, it seems that a hero 3 will work in Mojave but it is recognized by quick as a hero 5. A hero 4 will not work download imagery at all

Nomad

[ New ]

I updated to mojae last tuesday.

I cant recall if I imported my session 5 images before or after installation.

hero 6 does not work at all.

Tourist

[ New ]

It doesn't work for me either. Will wait for the fix ASAP

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback, and the details that you provided. In the meantime, if your computer has it, try manually importing your GoPro media through an SD card adapter. The solution shared by @bravewave56444 works, too. Our team is working toward a fix at this time. We have yet to hear from them. To help us further isolate the issue, please check if you computer detects your GoPro camera and allows you to view files through Image Capture. We hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Image capture recognizes the camera but I can't see any files. They are not available

Снимок экрана 2018-10-07 в 19.24.58.png
Nomad

[ New ]

Though the camera is recognised in quik.

and does not display images.

also not working is when you look at camera information the firmware status says "unknown"

GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate your input, @toughcliff8468 and @robindean . Thank you!

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue for me.  The underlying issue is that my GoPro Hero 6 no longer mounts on the desktop.  When it did, pre-Mojave, it would show up in Photos, Final Cut, etc.

Right now, Image Capture shows the camera on the side column but no video.  I suspect that is just because it was mounted in the past.

Also Disk Utility doesn't detect the camera at all, which it should if it was mounted.

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it, epicgorge0426. Thank you for the information. We are submitting this to the team. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Still no fix for this? Same issue with my GPH6 when I tried to get media off on my Imac recently upgraded to Mojave.. production release.

Come on GoPro - seriously?? get it fixed already.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here.  I find it unbelievable this is still a problem this far after the mojave release.  What are the gopro developers doing???? This is exactly how a company should NOT handle it's software deveopment.  

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes it is dissapointing that gopro waitied until public release to get involved in this.

Especially as develpoer & public betas have been available for many months now.

Also the original poster stated this back in july.

Nomad

[ New ]

Here are a coupe of screen shots that you mind find handy.

1st one is the settings.

Notice the firmware is not know.

The 2nd one is the system profile under system report.

quik sees the camera and launches but that is as far as it goes.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 16.37.48.png
Nomad

[ New ]

1st pic

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 16.36.27.png
Nomad

[ New ]

Marius

Just an update on this comment.

Putting the sd card into an adapter, quik DOES NOT import media.

It sees sd card but again does not pull in the files.

I have to browse to the card and pull in the files individually.

This is NOT cool in the slightest.

Nomad

[ New ]

There are actually 10 media files on sd card that quik does not see plus all the helper files etc.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 16.53.46.png
Nomad

[ New ]

browsing in finder which quik does not see.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 16.57.49.png
GoPro

[ New ]

These are all very helpful, @robindean. The other file types (in format .LRV and .THM are not detected in Quik. The .lrv files are Low Resolution Video files which are necessary for playing videos back through the GoPro App. The .thm files are Thumbnail video files which are used to display a thumbnail image of the video. 

To verify, did you mean that when the SD card is inserted into the computer, Quik launches but does not detect the GoPro files? Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

yes

correct quik launches but NO files are seen or can be imported via quik

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it. Thank you, @robindean

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Just sharing results from the recent test I did. I  used 3 cameras, HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black, and HERO5 Black, and a MacBook Pro running on Mojave (version 10.14), with the latest Quik for desktop app version (2.7.0.874) installed. 

The HERO7 Black camera and its media content were recognized both when directly connected and with the use of the SD card adapter.

The HERO6 Black camera was not recognized by Quik although the app auto-launched, but using the SD card adapter worked. 

The HERO5 Black camera and its media content were recognized both when directly connected and with the use of the SD card adapter.

All the cameras were updated manually to their respective latest versions.  We are still waiting to hear back from the team for further instructions. Please continue to watch out for updates. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Mac Pro with MacOS Mojave 10.14, GoPro HERO5 Black (latest update), GoPro Quick (latest version).

I am also unable to access files directly through the camera after updating to Mojave. Both Quick and Image capture recognize the HERO5 and show it connected, but read 0 files and 0 space used on the camera even though videos are present.

As a creative professional I add to the voices needing a resolution for this issue. We purchase these cameras under the

belief they will be kept up to date with current operating systems in a timely manner.

screenshot.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

Is you're problem already fixed? I have the same issue with my new macbook pro 2018 and gopro 6 black

Nomad

[ New ]

no

we are waiting for gopro to issue new software.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thnx for the fast reply!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Has there been an update to the GoPro software to fix this issue yet? I can't use my Macbook (with Mojave OS) to download my GoPro files from my Hero 6 or my Fusion.

Tourist

[ New ]
Developers at GoPro sleeping on OS releases.....zzzz zzzz zzzz. Mojaves only been in beta for how long? How do you not test?
Nomad

[ New ]

yes.

It is very dissapointing that gopro had the opportunity to partake in the apple developer program way back when.

the original poster of this thread raised the issue back in july.

seems they took no noitce.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

We apologize if this is taking too long.

Our team is still working on the issue. We have this post noted and we'll post an update as soon as we get one.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Same problem with goprohero6 and macbookpro

ThanksCapture d’écran 2018-10-17 à 22.47.38.png

Capture d’écran 2018-10-14 à 15.02.16.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
It is unacceptable. You are a company that sell products and therefore you should have tested with the beta versions, which were there for months, so when the new OS gets released everything should be ready as the rest of the companies does. There are many people working with your cameras that need a solution. Honestly when companies fail this way at least they should reward the customers, like Apple did with the batteries.

Disappointed.
Nomad

[ New ]

@foggybeach56731 wrote:
It is unacceptable. You are a company that sell products and therefore you should have tested with the beta versions, which were there for months, so when the new OS gets released everything should be ready as the rest of the companies does. There are many people working with your cameras that need a solution. Honestly when companies fail this way at least they should reward the customers, like Apple did with the batteries.

Disappointed.

I agree and especially as they were notified back in JULY of the problem.

Free hero 7 blacks for everyone....

Tourist

[ New ]

@robindean wrote:

@foggybeach56731 wrote:

Disappointed.

I agree and especially as they were notified back in JULY of the problem.

Free hero 7 blacks for everyone....

I second that motion... Let us exchange our current HERO 6 for a HERO 7 Black at no cost... Afterall, I did pay more for the 6 than the 7 is currently going for...

Tourist

[ New ]

how do you guys are doing do export the gopro videos for yours macs without Quick? I need to do it ASAP and I don't know how to do it :'(

Tourist

[ New ]

20181005_204328.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

@thadeubrito wrote:

how do you guys are doing do export the gopro videos for yours macs without Quick? I need to do it ASAP and I don't know how to do it :'(

You could use Android File Transfer