Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Quik in Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave Beta) no longer pulls in media. Quik will need an update?

Hi all,

I'm running Mac OSX version 10.14.1 and I downloaded GoPro Quik version 2.7.0. I get through install and verification, but when I try to open the app, it gives me an error message that the GoPro Quik app closed unexpectedly. I've tried to uninstall then reinstall. I even tried the trick to create a secondary Admin account and try to open it there, but no go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik in Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave Beta) no longer pulls in media. Quik will need an update?

Hi @mrjnelly

Kindly try the steps listed on this thread

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-desktop-fixed/m-p/269937#/M17087

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

It didn't go anywhere. That solution is for a desktop. I'm using a Mac.

Highlighted
Nomad

@mrjnelly wrote:

It didn't go anywhere. That solution is for a desktop. I'm using a Mac.

you need to update to latest version of mojave.

Highlighted
Sightseer

At the time 10.14.1 was the latest version that supposedly fixed the GoPro issue. Guess I'll see if 10.14.2 will fix it.
Highlighted
Nomad

10.14.2 was released on 5th dec 2018

for me it fixed problem

Highlighted
Tourist

Running IMAC 10-14-2  Quick downloads my Hero 4 finenwhen it is connected by usb cable.  When Hero 2 is plugged in by USB cable,  The Drive shows up on the screen the same as a Thumb Drive (Volume) and Quick Opens but does not download or do anything. When the SD card is inserted The Drive shows up on the screen as a SD Card (Volume) and Quick Opens but does not download or do anything.  I reformatted the sd cards in all cameras, through the camera menu before using them.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rich-n7907. Make sure that your Mac is updated to latest OS. Then uninstall, re-install the Quik for desktop app,  and connect your camera again, or insert the SD card. Let us know how it works out.