Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik import/delete not reliable

Thanks.

BTW. Ugrading to Mohave fixed the problem. Still it's not good that it wouldn't work on High Sierra.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I lost all my recent videos. I was importing them, it finished importing and then the delete after importing check box was checked. After that, I looked for my videos and they are nowhere to be found. I LOST VERY IMPORTANT FOOTAGE!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @graycave56275

Are you still able to see the old videos through Quik? See if you can find the videos using this file path /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same problem as some other posters -- Quik doesn't progress past "Initializing deletion."  After disconnecting or powering-down the camera, there will be an in-app notification "(!) Deleted 0 files from JSW GOPRO camera."

I'm using macOS 10.14.2, Quik 2.7.0.874, and my camera is the Hero 7 Black with firmware 01.61.

After several tries and reading the suggestions in this thread, I used the camera's option to format the SD card to clear out the old files.

Highlighted
Hiker

It is now 2019 and this this bug still exists after they hyped up the Hero7 their software still have numerous bugs that they don't seem to care about fixing. The Hero5 is the last I ever buy from this company, really **bleep**ty support after you spend hundreds of dollars on their camera.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a Hero5 Black.  Six months ago, the only way I could get files off the microSD card was to use my cell phone as the reader.  Using the USB cable connection between Hero5 Black and windows 10 would not work.  Unfortunately, that route copies a ton of extraneous files that clutter my hard drive.

Eventually, one time on a call with support, I got the camera to start up Quik. But, the import did not work. Later, the cable wouldn't even start up Quik.  sigh!

Eventually, I broke down and bought a microSD card reader. Popped it into the computer and (BANG!) the import worked great...and fast. 

Today thought, a new issue... The imported files are still on the SD card.  I can't fathom why instructions to "automatically delete after import" settings would stop working since the last time I imported. 

I'm fatigued.... 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @dan00500. Thank you for sharing. Sorry to hear about the experience. The auto-delete feature should delete files after import, whether it is the camera that is connected or the SD card via adapter. Do you see all the files on the SD card, even the .MP4 or the .JPG files? The auto- delete feature only erases the .MP4 and .JPG files can be deleted, not the .LRV or .THM files. It would be best to format the SD card for a complete clean.