Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quik freeze on Windows 10

Hello, I'm able to open GoPro Quik for desktop but when I try to play videos or enter in create mode the app stops working and (in create mode) freeze the background and I can't close the app.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik freeze on Windows 10

Hello @hardybluff12551

Thank you for posting back. We would like to review the crash logs in order to proceed to the next steps. At this time, it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via chat or phone through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards ,

Mary T .

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @hardybluff12551

This mostly occurs in computers running multiple graphics cards, and Quik for desktop is prioritizing the high performance NVIDIA or AMD card. Please check if the steps to fix discussed here will help clear the issue. Also, make sure that you have installed the latest version of Quik for desktop. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

My PC doesn't have multiple graphics cards, it has only an AMD radeon graphics and I have the latest version of Quik
Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @hardybluff12551

Thank you for posting back. We would like to review the crash logs in order to proceed to the next steps. At this time, it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via chat or phone through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards ,

Mary T .

Highlighted
Tourist

I now have this problem as well. Previously I could not see my HEVC videos but now that I can it freezes as soon as I go into create. One problem fixed another created. As OP I have on video card as well, Radeon RX 580 with 8g of memory.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @cspcrx

Try uninstalling and re-installing Quik for desktop, and make sure you select an import folder. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

just tried that and still the same thing happens. Create opens I point at one of the videos on the left and it stops responding. Then a spinning curser appears and it just freezes completely. Have to use task manager to close the program.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cspcrx

You may try to contact GoPro Customer Support they might have a solution for that. 

Click Here

Regards, 

-Jay