Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quik fails to import all timelapse files from Hero Session 4

Hi 

I have a GoPro Session 4 and I recently recorded a timelapse of ~16000 files.

I have tried to import the files from Quik several times but import finishes always with a "Import Completed" state but when I check the files not even half of the files have been imported. 

I have latest version of the Quick and I use a 2017 MacBook Pro Highest Spec laptop

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Thanks 

Nikos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik fails to import all timelapse files from Hero Session 4

It should proceed with the complete donwload @nikosd70

I have tested it on my end and was able to import files, including time lapse photos. (via Quik for Desktop, camera was connected using the cable)

What kind of SD card do you have there? Try formatting the card(make sure to back up important files), then test it with the camera again.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @nikosd70

Are these time lapse videos or photos?

Have you tried manually uploading the files to your computer then adding the folder to Quik for Desktop?

For reference: How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Mac

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

There are photo timelapses. 

I have done it manually but my question is around why GoPro software is unable to do the import? Is it because GoPro software Quick is poorly developed and has issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Highlighted
GoPro

It should proceed with the complete donwload @nikosd70

I have tested it on my end and was able to import files, including time lapse photos. (via Quik for Desktop, camera was connected using the cable)

What kind of SD card do you have there? Try formatting the card(make sure to back up important files), then test it with the camera again.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I have a Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3 XC I. I think my sd card is ok. I have formatted the sd but the issue persists. 

I ll try one more time. I have faced this issue with the past with Quik. As a software angineer I can say Quik is not a well developed software. It has bugs and UX issues.