Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Quik ditched for good??

[ New ]

GoPro Quik on my Mac no longer recognises content on the GoPro. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still nothing.
What are we supposed to use to download content onto the laptop/desktop??

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.32.58 PM.png
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik ditched for good??

[ New ]

@kiwizulu, what's the GoPro camera model used? Also, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port that will help.

Hiker

[ New ]

It's the Hero 9.
It's not a connection issue because:
a. it recognises the camera being plugged in but not that there's photos/videos available
b. it works fine as a webcam although initially that wasn't working either until I reinstalled GoPro Webcam.
c. everything has been reinstalled, rebooted, and softwares all up to date.

Tourist

[ New ]

Bonjour j'ai le meme probleme, une sugestion avez vous été dans "connexions" puis dans "connexion  USB" elle doit etre sur  MTP.

Si vous n'avez pas la ligne il faut faire la mise a jour de la camera avec l'aplication sur smartphone.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, it is in MTP and the application recognises the camera is connected, just cannot 'see' the photos.
And I don't want to rely solely on the phone app, when downloading larger videos I want to do this on my laptop for many reasons.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kiwizulu

Once the camera is plugged in try to access the files via Image Capture.

Copy the files to a folder saved on your Mac.

Then add it as a Media folder in Quik.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej
Thanks, and there are other ways of doing it too, so basically you're conceding that GoPro Quik is now faulty and won't work as designated?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kiwizulu

Please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and newer models.

You may use other editing applications. 

Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej