Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Quik and HEVC on Surface Book 2 (GTX 1050)

I'm having issues playing back videos in the desktop quik software. Is this an issue with Quik? My surface book 2 is up to date and the GTX 1050 can handle the HEVC files just fine, correct? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik and HEVC on Surface Book 2 (GTX 1050)

Hello, @vinnya63. Which OS is your device running on? Make sure that you have the HEVC codec for Windows 10 installed. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Will purcahsing and installing the HEVC codec for Windows 10 from the windows store then allow me to view my hero8 videos in the desktop quik software? 

Researching more into gps issues with my hero8, it looks like Quik cannot process/access the hero8 gps data. Is this correct? Does GoPro not provide software to view the gps data through a PC? I'm just confused how GoPro is expecting me to view, process and edit my videos on my smart phone...

I feel like I've been sold an expensive sports car without being informed it can't be driven on the public streets...

Highlighted
GoPro

@vinnya63. Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. Our team is working on adding this functionality in the future. 

In the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can add telemetry gauges using GPS performance stickers. These instructions will guide you on how to view stickers in the GoPro App. 

There are user-shared solutions for displaying GPS gauges here that you might want to check out. As for the HEVC codec, visit this thread.