Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quik (Not Responding) Why cant Gopro Give us a Working App?

This app Gopro gives us for creating quick edits and videos is just a joke.  I have tried and tried to use this software over and over and I have reinstalled my OS over and over and this app onto SSD and now a M.2 Samsung SSD and this thing just will not edit or scrub videos.  It just locks up and stops responding non stop.  You can not even do anything unless you want to spend 2 hours editing and creating a 60 second video.  I mean come on GoPro...!! This is just unacceptable.  Gopro should give us something atleast for minimal editing for its customers.  

I have spend over a grand on Gopro and now it looks like I need to buy better video editing software because this is just rediculous.  Granted I keep all my videos and pictures on a HDD and the software needs to grab them and encode on the fly but I have a monster gaming PC and all updated drivers and latest and greatest components and drivers.  I should still be able to run this software and scrub and edit videos seamlessly.  This Quik app is just a joke in my opinion.  The sad thing is that I love how it auto syncs or auto selects highlights you pick and puts them into the video with a audio file which by the way you cant add your own music you are forced to use only the selection of 10 songs or tunes if you will to a video.  Why cant I add my own song I already own?  I mean come on...  This is just shady and incompetent corporation tactics or just overall lack of concern for customers.  

Maybe I need to put Quik on the same drive as my videos and pictures?  Oh wait I tried that already and put the app on the HDD where all my video and pictures are and same results.  I obviously do not have the SSD space to put 4G worth of video and the Quik app on the same SSD.  I dont see this happening for atleast a few more years.  I do not think thats the problem anyways.  Does anyone experience the same?  Do you have the quik app on a SSD along with your videos?  Does it work fine like this?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik (Not Responding) Why cant Gopro Give us a Working App?

Hello @gromz

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are encountering with the Quik for desktop application. Specifically, what seems to be the issue? Are you getting any error message while using Quik? Does Quik not launch completely? Are your media files from the HDD not recognized by Quik? Does Quik not allow you to import footage or media files? More specific information will help us assist you. Better yet, let our Support team help so they can provide a more personalized support as this maybe related to particular settings both on the app and your device. You can reach the  team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

There are other editing apps that you can use for your GoPro media including Quik for Mobile which gives you more options in terms of selecting your music. In addition, if you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows-(http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download).

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik (Not Responding) Why cant Gopro Give us a Working App?

Hello @gromz

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are encountering with the Quik for desktop application. Specifically, what seems to be the issue? Are you getting any error message while using Quik? Does Quik not launch completely? Are your media files from the HDD not recognized by Quik? Does Quik not allow you to import footage or media files? More specific information will help us assist you. Better yet, let our Support team help so they can provide a more personalized support as this maybe related to particular settings both on the app and your device. You can reach the  team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

There are other editing apps that you can use for your GoPro media including Quik for Mobile which gives you more options in terms of selecting your music. In addition, if you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows-(http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download).

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius