Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Quik Desktop Application

[ New ]

The application says that my computer is not capable of playing 4K content. It claims my PC is not compatible or supports HEVC media. When looking at the specification required, my PC FAR EXCEEDS the minimum requirement.

i7-8700k

6TB of NVME M.2

32GB RAM

GTX 2080TI

device specs.PNG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Quik Desktop Application

[ New ]

@agilehero11863. At this time, this could be done through the GoPro Quik app - not with the desktop app if you are using a HERO8 Black or newer camera. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Quik Desktop Application

[ New ]

Ich habe ähnliche Spezifikationen auf meinem Laptop, zusätzlich sagt mir die Applikation ich hätte keinen HEVC Codec installiert, obwohl ich sie extra aus dem Microsoft Store gekauft und installiert habe. Trauriges Programm für einen solchen Konzern.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adeptcliff31373 and @heroicsumm44855. The Quik for desktop app is no longer in development and has not had an update for the past couple of years. You may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your footage on a computer. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

But then how can we add the cool GPS Stickers?  Speed, Altitude, Direction, etc ?  

GoPro

[ New ]

@agilehero11863. At this time, this could be done through the GoPro Quik app - not with the desktop app if you are using a HERO8 Black or newer camera.