Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Quik Abandoned

[ New ]

I just got off the phone with GoPro support. They said that Quik was abandoned and that I should find a third party app. Since my experience with GoPro support has been horrible, I assume they don't know what they are talking about.

Can anyone confirm that Quik is being abandoned on all platforms by GoPro and that they have no intention of replacing it?

Thank.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: GoPro Quik Abandoned

[ New ]
They seem to want to replace it with something, but nobody knows when that replacement might be coming. Here are some alternative apps if you want to edit your GoPro videos with telemetry data https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]
They seem to want to replace it with something, but nobody knows when that replacement might be coming. Here are some alternative apps if you want to edit your GoPro videos with telemetry data https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...
Tourist

[ New ]

kajuna, thanks for the link. It was really frustrating spending over an hour with tech support trying to find my lost cloud data and not be told about this.

One thing I liked (conceptually) about Quick was the automatic import from Hero, then delete, then upload to cloud along with visual organization, performance and reliability not withstanding.

Unless I have overlooked it, the apps you listed don't really replace that all-in-one functionality.So, if I read this right, I'm on my own to sort of cobble together a collection of apps to achieve what one was advertised to do.

After the distaster that has been Quik (losing all of my cloud saved data), I'm not sure I am willing to trust GoPro with apps or support (obstanate, rude, incomeptent) again. I really wish I had chosen another camera company.

Again, I appreciate your help and clarification.