Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

Great response .. top quality .. definitely read the whole thread and responded to all the users concerns. Honestly why dont you just close the thread, delete it and delete all follow ups with same question , cause clearly you have no intention of fixing the issue, who in their right mind wants to edit on a full screen  app  where you have multiple windows and can see and move around things more as well as using a mouse with full control . i mean its non-sensical , definitely prefer very average mobile apps and tiny screens to do video editing .. #topnotch customer service. PS there may be a hint of sarcasm in this entire post

Highlighted
Tourist

Who wants to improve existing customer experience when you can funnel millions into shooting ad campaigns?

I mean, why spend more money on existing customers, it's not like they are going to pay for it.

end sarcasm

Highlighted
Tourist

There is a very clear reason GoPro stock is down in excess of -90% over the past 2 years (while other US Tech equity sector, even consumer hardware, nearly doubled in value). As a technology financial analyst, i can tell you that the answer lies in this very thread imo : poor software solution, massive disconnect between consumer needs and features offered, and complete disregard for consumer feedback. More than 2 years on, and GoPro still has not moved 1 inch to solve this obvious lack of functionality (a genuine mistake to even have released a desktop software like this in the first place) on their Quik software.
Software offering is so poor that i suspect most users already switched brand for their next action camera at this stage (like me).
Nick Woodman, you messed up what could have been a great company a few years back, by simply not listening to your customer feedbacks, mostly on the software side. I think it's a shame staff has to suffer the consequences of those actions, already going through layoffs and probably worse the day the company will end up filing.

Highlighted
Tourist

Desktop 1 minute max, iPhone no limit. GoPro fail............................ 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fletchlive66

Should you need to do an edit that is more than one minute, you may use Quik for Mobile.

For reference, you can also check: 

How To Create A Video Using Quik for mobile

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos Workaround

My own workaround to this is to simply make and export 2 or 3 60 second videos in Quik,  and then simply combine them in iMovie... I love how the music syncs in Quik but yeah,  every now and then I have a lot of footage for an outing and like to have a longer video than 60 seconds.   

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro did it again - I just bought Hero 7 Black and wondered if it would work better than earlier when I had several Hero 3 and 4. Now opened the Quik for the second time and my computer is totally messed up. I will return this tomorrow to the shop and will never ever anymore buy GoPro, such a piece of **bleep**....

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fatbat68

I am sorry for any troubles caused.

What OS is your computer on?

If using a Windows computer, please go over the steps on this article:

Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

Thanks!

Ej