Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

I believe when you install Quik for desktop, it also installs GoPro Studio. At least that's how it worked for me a little less than a year ago.
Highlighted
Tourist

I was hoping for that but found this link:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Studio-End-of-Life-FAQ

The 60 sec limit is very frustrating.

Highlighted
Tourist

yes, 60 sec limit + no own music makes the desktop app useless.

Highlighted
Sightseer

omg. It was 2017. GoPro was sure that its users only need 60 sec movies.

Can I get my money back? I paid for the camera AND the ability to get a video out of it, are you kidding me or what?

I still cannot believe this BS is happening, can you?

Highlighted
Sightseer

What I don't understand is why the GoPro Quik iOS and Android App you can choose up to 4 minutes or something like that and on the desktop app only uo to 60sec, does't make sense. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I got this to shoot hours of footage with gps data overlays (gauges), and that plus wifi control was the big selling point for me.  I didn't even think I'd need to check for "can I make a movie longer than a minute?"  Preset durations might be fine for phone-to-instagram style posting, but is an inconceivable limition for a desktop app, particularly when gopro positions itself as *the* action sports camera.  

Request:  give me a way to add overlays to the base clips, exported at full length, and I'll export them to an external video editor to do the rest of the work.

As it stands, I should have just bought something else.  Definitely won't be recommending this setup until there's at least a workaround.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Truth, very disappointing
Highlighted
Nomad

@hectorm4762 wrote:

What I don't understand is why the GoPro Quik iOS and Android App you can choose up to 4 minutes or something like that and on the desktop app only uo to 60sec, does't make sense. 

No, on the android app you can choose 5, 15 or 30 sec clips.