Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

[ Edited ]

To sum up whole topic for someone like me searching if it is possible to have longer vids with Gopro Quick on Desktop: NO, 60 seconds and that's it. 

Explorer

Correct.  The mobile app works much better.

Sightseer

One year later, still no update.  Fail GoPro.... or NoPro....

Explorer

GoPro is focused on mobile editing software.  There are many free options available for computer editing. I'm sure there will be future updates to the Quik Desktop app, but if you want Quik videos > 1minute and with more editing options, you should use the mobile app.

Sightseer

The way I see it.  GoPro has completely fail their community.  This has gone on far too long with no viable solution.  I I want to make and edit a 3 min, 30min, 60min or 120min video with my GoPro that is my business and I should not have to go to 3rd party softwear to do it..  I have made the decision now to sell my currently owned GoPros and reinvest in a product that actually listens to their community.

Frustrated and Disappointed.

Tourist

Quite frankly this is an omni-shambles!!! Absolutely crazy that cannot make your own length movie, or are we only supposed to live our lives in 60 second or possibly 3 minute bursts?!?

It says "Ask a question. Stay Stoked." Well people are asking the same question. And are staying very very far from stoked.

It also says: "Find a solution." Just what solution are you finding in planet GoPro?

Sort your house out GoPro.

Highlighted
Explorer

@tokoroat

I'm not sure I understand your issue.  Quik for Desktop is but one tool you can use for creating videos.  Yes, it has limitations, but you are not restricted to using it.  Are you unable to use a video editor such as  iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows- http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download ?  You can also try DaVinci Resolve which is an excellent editor.  All of these editors are free and work very good.  Are you under the impression that you can only use GoPro software to edit?  You are free to edit your videos in any editor that you whish.  If you prefer to use their automated video creators, then Quik for mobile app allows for longer videos, custom music, and more advanced editing features.  If you are using iOS, you can also use Splice.  These apps are free as well.

Sightseer

The issue isnt basic video editing. One of the big selling points for these cameras was the GPS integration and being able to view GPS data on your videos.  However, At this point there really isnt a viable option for viewing this data and adding overlays via a 3rd party software so if you want to use the functionality of the camera you are stuck using GoPros worthless editor.  That is the issue people are having.  If you could access all of the features via a third parties software I doubt anyone would complain.