Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

[ New ]
I think to be fair, it's reasonable for constructive criticism once GoPro decided to enter the software arena. You are correct, there are plenty of software companies, but GoPro are also one too. It's reasonable to critique if it's any good or not especially given the amount of marketing GoPro do to present a closed loop Hardware /Software system. Yes, we all agree it's rubbish but companies still need to hear in order to survive.
Explorer

[ New ]
"constructive criticism"
Let's not confuse that with juvenile rants, profanity, and slurs against people with disabilities.

This is a member to member support community. If you want assistance, this is a good place to look and ask questions. If you want to rant or post constructive criticism for GoPro to hear, then you're posting in the wrong place. For feedback, you can leave it here https://gopro.com/feedback
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the app list, Are there other options that sync royalty free music like GoPro Quik.  The only reason I use Quik is for the music and how it automatically syncs music.  Whenever you see Woodman now on TV he's talking about serving GoPro's "super user" instead of trying to please everyone.  Not sure how they can think their super user doesn't want more than a 60 second video?  The other thing that cracks me up is when I post a video from Quik with their royalty free music, YouTube tags it with a CopyRight...  Pretty funny. 

Here's an example, it's happened many times for me.

Hi Andrew,

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

This is just a heads up
Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.

Explorer

[ New ]
Yes, use the Quik Mobile app. You can download free music through GoPro Awards and use any song (royalty free or not) using the mobile app.

The copyright tag your getting is just to notify you that you can't profit off another artist work. You can use it, but if you're monetizing, the money is going to the artist.
Explorer

[ New ]
Oh, and there are other desktop editors that auto sync to music, but I'm not sure of the names. Didn't be to hard to search for. You can easily do it yourself in DaVinci Resolve. I'm sure there are some YouTube videos to show you how. I do it all the time in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Here another one waiting for GoPro to remove that awkward limit of 60 seconds.

Hiker

[ New ]
I know there are other video editing apps, but can we get the metrics from GPS into the videos as easily? I haven't found any other software that does yet.
Explorer

[ New ]
Dashware, RaceRender, and the GoPro mobile app.