Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

Hi @foggycave4605

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed on the continuous improvement of software capabilities for our cameras and applications.

Please continue to check our website for more updates.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

I've started using DaVinci Resolve, it's free and super powerful but pretty easy to get the hang of and there's a lot of howto vídeos on YouTube.
Highlighted
Hiker

That's good to hear, but also a generic answer. I know you can't give details on what's happening behind the scenes, but the quik desktop app has been negeleticed. I've had a gopro representative tell that the companies focus is on mobile apps, which is a mistake in my opinion. I mean I get it, but I don't agree with it. Nick has even stated that software is what will drive the future of gopro. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

thats not an answer.

Highlighted
Explorer

Unlike the mobile app, Quik for desktop has songs that require a corresponding DAT file containing the beat cut and audio length. This is a simplified explanation, but basically, every song must be specifically coded.

You're not going to get the same flexibility with the desktop app as you do with the mobile app unless they rewrite the entire program (which may or may not be in the works). Sure, they could add a few two minute or three minute songs... But then people will be asking for five. Will they do this? Perhaps. But remember, you will be stuck with whatever song(s) they choose to code for. Again, the program does not adapt to the song, it's preprogrammed in the corresponding DAT file.
Highlighted
Sightseer

No, it's infuriating.
Highlighted
Hiker

So I just purchased a GoPro Hero 5 Black to create videos of my commute and found out just now that the official software for GoPro can only make 60s videos. Seriously why??? Why limit to 60s?

I don't care about the fancy music, I'm fine not having any, or I would rather use my own. One thing I was really excited about was using the gauges for the GPS route and speed, however what's the point of having all that info on a 60s video? I'm seriously considering returning this back to Costco.

Highlighted
Explorer

You'll want to cut the videos into clips with gauges. Don't go into the create mode, which is to create a Quik video.

Once you have your clips created, use a program to stitch them together like VSDC Video Editor or DaVinci Resolve. Both are free.

You can also use Race Render which makes very good videos using the GPS and gyroscope data.