Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Explorer

Re: GoPro Quik, 3 Minute Videos

Explorer

Tourist

I was annoyed with the fact that they ended GoPro Studio for editng videos and the Quik app has a limit to the duration of my video too. But I talked to help support and they gave me a link to a free video editing software as an alternative. I hope it helps.

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

Tourist

I looked at that editing software - also on GroPro advice and to be honest I thought it was unnecessarily complex and not user friendly at all.

I did an internet search to get some ideas and see reviews of good editing software and the one that was consistantly mentioned as being best was Wondershare Filmora - which is free (although it puts a watermark on the free video edits) but if you want to spend a bit of money (not that much) then its a great piece of software.

Is really user friendly, intuitive and has great features and editing features, It in my view puts the GoPro and videosoft software in the shadows.

I now made a few videos really easily and they look great.

Explorer

Wow, that came off like a bad sneaky advertisement. Being that it's your only post and you came to the GoPro Support Community just to share that tidbit of information doesn't make it look suspicious at all.

Ten free software programs for your GoPro camera, YOU WON'T BELIEVE NUMBER TEN!

GoPro and Videosoft are fuming about this editing software by Filmora. Click here and find out why.

Why make videos that look like everyone else', when you can get WATERMARKED!

Hey, maybe you're totally legit and you really did, "made a few videos really easily and they look great."

If so, thanks for sharing.

If you're just trying to advertise a product, just be honest. Better yet, offer a discount to remove that watermark.

Hiker

I use filmora all the time. It is low cost, compared to other software out there and really easy to use. They frequently update their software and add new features. It does have its limitations though, but it gets the job done, especially if you don't want to shell out the cash for adobe products. I know Gopro is concentrating on mobile apps, but they really do need to update the desktop version. I still use both applications and wish they were more aligned with each other. I know Gopro purchased the Quik mobile app sometime back, and did away with Gopro Studio to cut back in cost, but you'd figured they would get those people working on the Quik mobile version to work on the Quik desktop version. It is a bit frustrating to use up to 3 or more editing software's to edit one video, especially when they want it to be an easy process, but it is what it is!

that would be great.jpg

Sightseer

Has anyone figured out a solution to this? Seems ridiculous that GoPro wants to cap videos at 60 seconds. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey Jeff, has there been any progress on this front? Seems like this was posted back in 2016, does GoPro intend on changing this setting to their software?