Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quick wont play back New Hero 6 record settings?

GoPro Quick isnt able to playback any of my gopro hero 6 new record settings such as 4k 60, 2.7k 120 and 1080p 240 (can only see thumbnails or black screen, all other record settings work). I can view them in finder with quicktime player. Any reason why and/or is there a solution?? I have a new 15' 2016 Mac pro, HIGH sierra installed and all updates. 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quick wont play back New Hero 6 record settings?

I got the camera on launch day and I had the same problem for the first few days. I could not access the slow motion frame rates except for 1080 120 fps. First I had to update to High Sierra and then I updated to Quicks newest software which is 2.5, my files immeadiately were able to play on quick. The question mark black thumbnail stayed but I could play my videos once I clicked into them. After the update, any new footage I imported at those framerates had a normal thumbnail and they played fine. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

I am having the same problem.  I just spent $500 on this camera and I can't even use GoPro's software to view my 4k 60fps content.  This is one reason I do not own this company's stock.  First the Karma drone issues, now this.  What a let down.

Hiker

Do you think it is just codec update needed by GoPro for Quick and FCPx so just sit tight and wait? I hope it is as simple as that??
Tourist

I just have ????'s on all my files. Seems like a codec issue. I use Quick on wondows 8 and cant seem to find an update to get it working.

Files work fine in DIVX

Capture.JPG
Tourist

I got the camera on launch day and I had the same problem for the first few days. I could not access the slow motion frame rates except for 1080 120 fps. First I had to update to High Sierra and then I updated to Quicks newest software which is 2.5, my files immeadiately were able to play on quick. The question mark black thumbnail stayed but I could play my videos once I clicked into them. After the update, any new footage I imported at those framerates had a normal thumbnail and they played fine. I hope this helps!

Hiker

Thanks mate, didn't realize GoPro quick did not update. The footage now plays in GoPro quick but new issue is the playback is choppy/glitchy!? In QuickTime player it's smooth but in the GoPro quick app it glitches/choppy.. any reason why? I meet all computer requirements for hevc files I'm pretty sure.
Hiker

Again only new settings of 1080p 240fps, 2.7k 120fps etc are the choppy/glitchy playback in GoPro quick *
Tourist

No problem! For the first few days I had no idea there was an update as well. My footage is choppy as well in Quick. I dont know if it the same for everybody but I have owned Gopros for a long time and when I would always use Gopro studio my footage was choppy there as well until I exported the file to the finished video and played on Quicktime. Wish I could help with that.