Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Quick wont play back New Hero 6 record settings?

i did contact by chat and they told me its my pc i have a i5 8600k oc to 4.8ghz 16 gb ram ddr4 3000hz and a gtx 1060 6 gb they told me to lower my resolution i told them its fine in any other app or media player they still reply with the problem is your pc is not good enought wow good customer service last go pro i am gonna buy.

Sightseer

Have had the hero6 for a few months now and still not able to play 1080 x 240 fps

Does no one have a solution for this? It doesn't even work on Quik.

Completely baffled by this, It's like selling a house without a roof.

GoPro

Hi @stoutshore45266

You should be able to play the files directly on the camera.

If you wish to do edit/ view the files on a computer, please refer to these articles for more information: 

HEVC Explained

HEVC Minumum System Requirements

How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

I don't think that the GoPro is necessarily the root cause of the issue, unless they have incorrectly implemented the standards for creation of an HEVC file.

Similar to other users, i cannot play an HEVC file from a Hero 6 in Quik for Desktop on my wife's fairly new PC, which according to GoPro is up to the standards for playing HEVC, although it will play just fine in the Windows Movies & TV app.  Quik just locks up.  The same issue - program locking up when touching an HEVC file occurs with Corel VideoStudio 2018.  The video will play in the preinstalled Cyberlink Media Player and Power Director that came preinstalled on the computer, although it is pretty jerky.

Interestingly enough, the files will play just fine in the version of Quik for Desktop that is installed on my laptop.  It is slightly older and less powerful than my wife's desktop.

So:  what could be the issue?  I think we can take Windows and Quik out of the picture, because I have the same versions running on both machines. 

The only major difference I can see is the display adapter.  It's just an integrated Intel chip in my laptop, while the desktop has a Radeon RX 460 graphics card.  That is supposed to have native HEVC support and it has all the latest driver updates.

Thoughts?

GoPro

Hi @epicpike46226

Yes, HERO6 can't play HEVC as of the moment, 

We'll submit your concern to the right department. 

Regards,

-Jay