Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quick not saving it settings

After selecting settings I change my import directory to an external drive, however, Quick ignores this and continues to import to a local directory on my C: drive that the app creates on it's on. Futhermore, when changing the guages from Imperial to metric it ignores this setting as well and always goes back to the default. 

Resarting the app changes everything back to the defaults. 

Assistance please

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick not saving it settings

@fireypeak07628, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Once logged in again, re-add the Media Folder in the app. Check if the app will import the files from the selected folder.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank for the reply.

I tried this several times but the app continues to default to C:\users\eddie\pictures. I need to change it to G:\Gopro. 

The guages option also continues to default to Imperial.

I also unsistalled the app and started fresh but this also made no difference

Anything else I can try?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fireypeak07628. Which version of the Quik app is installed on your computer at this time?

When you re-installed the Quik for desktop application, were you not given the option to select where the Quik app will be saved? 

The current file path that you shared is the default location for the imported media from the camera. Prior to you setting it to a different folder or location, was the external drive already connected? Is this drive always connected to the computer? Do you get a confirmation that the location was changed? 

We tried changing from Imperial to Metric and the change was saved. The application was closed, and when launched again, the setting was kept to Metric.