Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quick not finding native GoPro MP4 files on PC

I recently recorded some live footage on my updated Hero 6 then made some edits (trimmed footage) on the mobile app and "saved the file to device" (appears to automatically store file in "Go Pro-Exports" folder automatically created by Quick Android mobile app). I then manually moved the files from the camera's "Go Pro-Exports" folder to another folder on my PC running Windows 10 using File Explorer. When I opened Quick on my desktop PC (most updated version) and tried to "add media" by adding the folder that contains the edited files, Quick cannot find the files and I get a noitce that no files were added. All files are still in MP4 format and can still be viewed if opened on VLC or other mdeia players without issue. I simply wanted to make a small movie using Quick's editing software which is not working and seems far from user friendly for an industry leading, premium product. Am I doing something wrong or is the software just bad?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick not finding native GoPro MP4 files on PC

Hi @greencave72576,

Thanks for reaching out. Quik for Desktop can only find original source files coming from a GoPro camera. Trimmed clips (before import or outside Quik for Desktop) are already considered as edited or modified clips.

I replicated the situation using Samsung S8 and a footage from my HERO7 Black camera. I downloaded both trimmed and original files into the App, then to the phone. Next, I connected the mobile device to PC using USB-C cable and copied the "GoPro-Exports" folder. Then I went ahead and added the folder onto the Media Folders in Quik for Desktop. It appears that only the original file was imported to the software.

If you will be using Quik for Desktop, I suggest that you import the original files into the software. Then, trim the footage within the app if you need to.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

*clarification..."I then manually moved the files from my Android phone's "Go Pro-Exports" folder to another folder on my PC running Windows 10 using File Manager"
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greencave72576,

Thanks for reaching out. Quik for Desktop can only find original source files coming from a GoPro camera. Trimmed clips (before import or outside Quik for Desktop) are already considered as edited or modified clips.

I replicated the situation using Samsung S8 and a footage from my HERO7 Black camera. I downloaded both trimmed and original files into the App, then to the phone. Next, I connected the mobile device to PC using USB-C cable and copied the "GoPro-Exports" folder. Then I went ahead and added the folder onto the Media Folders in Quik for Desktop. It appears that only the original file was imported to the software.

If you will be using Quik for Desktop, I suggest that you import the original files into the software. Then, trim the footage within the app if you need to.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann