Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quick for Mac is crashing and can't be opened

I have checked that all the requirements are fullfill. I can't open the quick application, just crushes. 

I have a MacBook Pro retina 13 inches from 2015, 3,1 GHz intel core I7 doal core, Memory 8GB,

Graphics Intel Core Graphics 6100 1536MB

OS Catalina 10.15.2

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick for Mac is crashing and can't be opened

Hi @sharpflash81513

You may check What are the Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop?

Please ensure that the graphics driver is up to date.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. This bug seems to be reported for months and nothing has been done appearantly... I've just installed Quik on macOS Catalina and it crashes when launching (MacMini 2012 i7 quad, 16GB Ram, SSD).

Highlighted
Tourist

I totally agree, this is a problem with the Quick for Mac, my Mac is fiting the requirements and we don't have any answer rather than check the installation requirements .... Really ? 

Highlighted
GoPro

We try to help out as best as we can. It will be best if you can share additional information with our Support Team. Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Applications/GoPro\ Quik.app/Contents/MacOS/GoPro\ Quik ; exit;

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your answers, it sounds like Chinnese to me as a humble gopro and mac user ...any help on how to fix? 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

The ONLY Solution here is to Re-Install the macOS Catalina over the previous one to see if any corrupt code messing with your MacBook Pro.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro with touch bar and I have no problem.