Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quick and Hero 8 issue

I've watched multiple videos, tried everything that was suggested and I can not get my Windows 10 laptop to see my GoPro Hero 8. Under Divices and Bluetooth it sees the Go Pro Hero 8, but I can't access or Quik doesn't see the camera, nor does the Go Pro 8 show under This PC . I'd really like to download videos to my laptop so I can edit them and then share them but this issue has me ready to scream.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick and Hero 8 issue

Hello, @rapidhill80243. While some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and MAX cameras. 

Have you been able to try inserting the SD card directly to the computer instead of connecting the camera? See if it makes a difference in the outcome. You might also want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage. Let us know how it works out. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quick and Hero 8 issue

I inserted the SD card into the laptop and it transfered the videos, and I've ordered a USB 3 cable to see if that will enable the Hero 8 to directly transfer files. My laptop is supposed to be able to transfer files either via wifi or bluetooth and my computer sees the Hero 8 but won't transfer files from the camera to the computer.