Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Plus file retention vs SD card when uploading

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to the updated GoPro hardware and software (last one I had was 2011 before upgrading to the Hero 6 black). One question I can't seem to find an answer to... If I upload my gopro footage to the cloud and then format my SD card and then record new footage on the SD Card. When I do another upload to the cloud will the original upload remain in tact on my plus account and simply have the new footage added to it? Just want to ensure that it isn't possible to lose anything when doing this dump to the GoPro Plus account and reformatting then "rinsing and repeating".

Thank you in advance. 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Plus file retention vs SD card when uploading

Hello @sweetbluff42561

Good question! Doing another upload to the cloud will simply add media/files to the initially uploaded ones. One great thing about saving media to the cloud is that you are free to upload an unlimited number of photos. Only videos will count towards the 250 GB cap (This is about 35 hours of video). You can read more about adding media to GoPro Plus here. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Right on! Thanks Marius.

GoPro

You are welcome, @sweetbluff42561! Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

~Marius