Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Player opens finder

[ New ]

When opening GoPro Player - it opens a finder window. 

See from other help posts that I need to point to 360 files. I dont think I have any 360 files on my mac - at least when I search for 360. 

I used to use GoPro Quick but that does not see the camera any more.

Please help

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player opens finder

[ New ]

Hello, @homebrewprod. The GoPro Player only recognizes 360 media. If you have recently updated your HERO8 camera firmware to version 2.0 or 2.01, make sure that your camera is in MTP mode. To do this, go to Preferences, then Connections, then USB Connection, then MTP. This should allow the transfer of media from the camera to your computer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

How are you importing the content from your MAX camera?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I see I might not been too clear above. I have a GoPro8 Black, and I would normally connect with the USB cable to the mac and download the content using GoPro Quick. As GoPro Quick is not connecting with the camera anymore and no longer supported I downloaded GP Player assuming that would do the job. When opening the program, it asks for a file. Thats where my knowlegde stops.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi 

I clicked the wrong reply. Pls see my answer in the other reply on this thread

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @homebrewprod. The GoPro Player only recognizes 360 media. If you have recently updated your HERO8 camera firmware to version 2.0 or 2.01, make sure that your camera is in MTP mode. To do this, go to Preferences, then Connections, then USB Connection, then MTP. This should allow the transfer of media from the camera to your computer.