Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Player opening .360 files error codes

[ New ]

I transferred some .360 files directly from my GoPro Max SD card to my Windows x64 computer. I am recieveing the following error codes when I attempt to open a .360 file in GoPro Player:

Code:39

Code: INVALID_MEDIA_TARGET

I was originally missing the HEVC codec, but downloaded it for windows. My GPU supports the HEVC codec. I was able to use the batch exporter to export one file using HVEC at 1080 with World Lock, Horizon Leveling, and Hardware Encoding enabled. However I cannot open this file in GoPro Player and opening it in VLC results in footage that is very stuttery. Every attempt at using the batch exporter since then has resulted in immediate failure with no error code.

Tourist

Re: GoPro Player opening .360 files error codes

[ New ]

Update: after updating to v1.1 I am no longer recieving the "Invalid_Media_Target" error, only the audiorender error.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowyspiri65251

Thanks for the update.

If you haven't yet, please try restarting your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I restarted the computer, still no luck. Another detail, usually when I try to open the file it asks me if I want to "repair" the file first. Then it gives me the "Audio Render" error. 

Do you have any more detail on this specific "Audio Render" error? Is there an audio codec I am missing?

Thanks,

Scott

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @snowyspiri65251

Let our Support Team check on this further.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi have the same problem did u solve it? thanx

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using 1.1.2.387 and when I try to open a .360 file i get the following error:

Code:39

I have uninstalled and reinstalled app however still the same error.

How can I fix ?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @tvsnet. The error code that you are getting seems to be associated with a Windows update. Make sure that you have the latest update on your Windows computer. You may also try creating a new user profile and see how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I am getting the same error code when I try to open from the player.  I can successfully open the *.360 file by double clicking from file explorer.  From there I can reframe and export.

GoPro

[ New ]

@jd1953, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Reboot your computer.

Tourist

[ New ]

All software (including drivers) are up to date.  I find that I get the error if I try to open a *.360 file with the app if my default sound system is not on line.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @jd1953

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.