Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Player for Windows

I just bought GoPro Max.

Have I missed something, or do I have to wait for GoPro Player for Windows to edit my videos on a pc?

Don't tell me I have to buy Adobe software to use my $500 GoPro.

If I had known this I wouldn't hav bought it now, I just can't believe that the software isn't ready yet.

So please tell me there is another solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Player for Windows

The MAX Exporter is designed to allow you to import your content onto your computer. We are working on editing options for Windows users, but until those are ready, you can still edit your footage using your smartphone, and there are other options (like VSDC) that you could use.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The MAX Exporter is designed to allow you to import your content onto your computer. We are working on editing options for Windows users, but until those are ready, you can still edit your footage using your smartphone, and there are other options (like VSDC) that you could use.

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried VSDC, not very used friendly. I bought GoPro Max becuase I have read and seen demos of how easy it would be use and edit.

VSDC is'nt even close to what I have been presented of how it would be.

Useless GoPro, totally useless product. And still after 6 months or so GoPro haven't showed anything usable.

I will not buy GoPro again, and I will not recommend anyone to but your unfinished products. I have to buy products from you competitors instead.

This was an expenseive lesson.

Highlighted
GoPro

Apologies, @olleh5. Our team is still working on getting the Player for Windows. In the meantime, while you can use the GoPro MAX Exporter to render your 360 media from MAX, you may also explore user-shared solutions to editing/handling your 360 media. 

See the links below: 

Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Is there any update on an ETA for the max player for windows. Still waiting as well.
Highlighted
Tourist

If it hasn't arrived over 6 months after the relase, not even a beta, I don't think GoPro has any intention of making any software now.

I am really, really disappointed on GoPro.

In meantime you can use the Insta360 software, and if you haven't bought Max yet, you might as well buy the Insta 360 camera as well.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @toughjump03443, @olleh5! Our team is in very active development of the GoPro Player for Windows. If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can participate in the testing and have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7. Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out.

Highlighted
Tourist

when do we except to have the gopro player for windows?