Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Player for Windows expected release date?

Can we do this with Insta's program? Shame on you Gopro... You've (gopro) made a big mistake by underestimating Win users..

Highlighted
Sightseer

Step 1: use duckduckgo and vpn to legally obtain your mac os x copy from your favorite vendor
Step 2: use virtualbox to provision the vm and find the specific commands you need to run for the mac vm to work on virtualbox for windows. It doesnt work out of the box without those commands
Step 3: install gopro player for mac on VM
Step 4: stop complaining

Highlighted
Hiker

Or just use Virb Edit, sounds easier.

You are obviously missing the point of this forum

Highlighted
Sightseer

Also waiting on a reply for a timeline...

Highlighted
Tourist

31-03-2020 Windows application is still no released. GoPro is a fraud company. Since Hero4 it's getting worse and worse. Beside you are lucky when you can connect Max to your smartphone there is no Windows reframe application. This was my last GP camera as you are selling unfinished products then promise support and then release new version of camera which is same garbage. So you have useless camera and as a bonus GP will lower value of your camera by releasing another unfinished version. I'm going to return Max and ordering Insta360 which is much much better.

Highlighted
Tourist

I think you are right! I would buy insta's new camera bundle also, i had hope that GP will release... but no one is saying anything about this problem... lot's of people will continue to buy i think GP has confidence about this... but as they see lot's people losing their thrust...
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi

I would also go for the insta 360 instead. They seem to care about what users want. (editing software and slowmo 360 videos)

I am never going to buy a GoPro product again. I thought the GoPro MAX was the best way to get into 360 video + editing. Man was I wrong. How can a company like GoPro even sell a camera with no editing software available? Guess its all about money and f*** the users.

/Rasmus

Highlighted
GoPro

@loyalmesa23238, Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer.