Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Player for Windows expected release date?

[ New ]

Does anyone know when the PC version will be available?

Also, does anyone here know why GoPro made it so that after you're finished editing the 360 video you can only export at 1080p?

You can export @4k and 5.6k only if you don't edit the video. Does anyone here know why? It doesn't make any sense.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player for Windows expected release date?

[ New ]

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices.

For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Next week, we’ll release a new version of the app that features:
1) Support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio
2) An improved user interface
3) 360 Audio enhancements for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock
4) Several bug fixes and enhancements

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new update when it's released and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!
Hiker

[ New ]

@jamess25127 wrote:

Does anyone know when the PC version will be available?

Also, does anyone here know why GoPro made it so that after you're finished editing the 360 video you can only export at 1080p?

You can export @4k and 5.6k only if you don't edit the video. Does anyone here know why? It doesn't make any sense.

If you're re-framing/overcapturing it's because the total 360 video is 5.6k. Going to flat view you're essentially cropping the full 360 resolution.

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:
Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices.

For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Next week, we’ll release a new version of the app that features:
1) Support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio
2) An improved user interface
3) 360 Audio enhancements for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock
4) Several bug fixes and enhancements

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new update when it's released and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly. Thanks!

Please explain the details.

For example, if windows was so fragmented, why does Fusion Studio for Mac stich/render 5x slower than the windows version? Logic would indicate, since you claim to do in camera stitching, that all you would have to do is auxilary rendering/encoding for the Max. 

Hiker

[ New ]
When is the release date of the GoPro Player for Windows with the same functionality as Mac version?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @andreasgp. The latest version of the GoPro MAX Exporter has the following bug fixes and improvement: 

• Added support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio.
  • Enhanced 360 audio for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock.
  • An improved user interface, including:
    • More intuitive look and feel
    • Preview controls
    • Cancel export button
    • Sticky user settings
    • Drag and Drop files from the camera
  • Several bug fixes and enhancements, including:
    • Fixed app crash issues related to video imports, previews, and changing languages
    • Video preview now renders the first frame
    • GPMF track is now present in exported files

Let us know how it works out on your end. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello,

I am looking for the release of the GoPro Player for Windows with the same functionality as Mac version, i don't want to export the videos, i want to copy them on my PC and have a player to watch them and then be able to reframe, choose different transitions, grap frames etc

Tourist

[ New ]

+1

Hiker

[ New ]
+2 any news?
Being transparent is not a shame especially when your product release is a hidden alpha test...
GoPro

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Quite a few has asked when GoPro player is available for Windows. Can you please answer the question when it will be available for Windows 10?

I have bought Max now and have a PC with Windows 10, and it would have been nice if I could import and export 360 videos. Without getting Adobe for $$$.

The least one can ask for is when the software is avaialable.

Before Christmas? Q1 2020? 2021?

Just so I know if should return this, for now, useless camera. Or is GoPro providing adobe for free so I can start using my camera?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I agree, I'll be returning the GoPro Max Christmas presents I purchased as there is no indication as to when the Windows version of GoPro Player will be released.

I didn't realise that GoPro didn't support Windows for the player, which is VITAL for the Max if you want to make some decent content on a PC.

I've contacted Instax360 and they have told me that I can do the edits on a PC with their free software. GoPro, if you could please confirm ASAP if I should be returning my Max due to the lack of information provided? When will a Windows version of the player be available?

Sightseer

[ New ]

когда дата выхода для windows 10  ?*???? 

в каком году 2020?Cat Mad

Tourist

[ New ]

Indeed, as a long-time Magix user purchasing Premiere for the sole purpose of keyframing 360 content just isn't an option. I'm loving the camera so far, but software support has been underwhelming to say the least.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hardware is great but the software is so bad and the marketing of said software is borderline unethical.

For example... 12-20-2018 for fusion studio beta RC and STILL no full release. So unless it already exists, I wouldn’t trust GoPro at their word. https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion The beta still won’t recognize my camera.

Hiker

[ New ]

When GoPro player for Windows is expected to be released so i can finally use what i shot on GoPro Max?

Tourist

[ New ]

Can we do this with Insta's program? Shame on you Gopro... You've (gopro) made a big mistake by underestimating Win users..

Sightseer

[ New ]

Step 1: use duckduckgo and vpn to legally obtain your mac os x copy from your favorite vendor
Step 2: use virtualbox to provision the vm and find the specific commands you need to run for the mac vm to work on virtualbox for windows. It doesnt work out of the box without those commands
Step 3: install gopro player for mac on VM
Step 4: stop complaining

Hiker

[ New ]

Or just use Virb Edit, sounds easier.

You are obviously missing the point of this forum

Sightseer

[ New ]

Also waiting on a reply for a timeline...

Tourist

[ New ]

31-03-2020 Windows application is still no released. GoPro is a fraud company. Since Hero4 it's getting worse and worse. Beside you are lucky when you can connect Max to your smartphone there is no Windows reframe application. This was my last GP camera as you are selling unfinished products then promise support and then release new version of camera which is same garbage. So you have useless camera and as a bonus GP will lower value of your camera by releasing another unfinished version. I'm going to return Max and ordering Insta360 which is much much better.

Tourist

[ New ]
I think you are right! I would buy insta's new camera bundle also, i had hope that GP will release... but no one is saying anything about this problem... lot's of people will continue to buy i think GP has confidence about this... but as they see lot's people losing their thrust...
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi

I would also go for the insta 360 instead. They seem to care about what users want. (editing software and slowmo 360 videos)

I am never going to buy a GoPro product again. I thought the GoPro MAX was the best way to get into 360 video + editing. Man was I wrong. How can a company like GoPro even sell a camera with no editing software available? Guess its all about money and f*** the users.

/Rasmus

GoPro

[ New ]

@loyalmesa23238, Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquezregarding your copy paste text:

Honestly did this come as a surprise for the GoPro software department AFTER releasing the GoPro MAX? Hopefully GoPro started developing the GoPro Player for windows before releasing the MAX? Or what? My point is, releasing a camera without the needed editing software for windows is selling an unfinished product. And on top of that, you dont do refunds?!? What a scam...

I dont need GoPros endless excuses. Instead explain to me how GoPro can release a 360 camera without editing possible for windows users? I dont care that "Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups." This is nothing but a stupid excuse, its not an explanation!

Doesnt GoPro care about customers at all? Its all about profit I guess...

/Rasmus

Tourist

[ New ]

my god @aenriquez, you are actually spewing the same wonky cut and paste answer to the second post in this thread back in november?!?

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Player-for-Windows-expected-release-date...

this is not even sad anymore, it's actually comedic...

Hiker

[ New ]
Lol. It’s hilarious that GoPro thinks they are fooling people by using “personal” accounts to build up a base and confidence in their terrible product.

Things like this have made me the guy that goes out of my way to tell people to not purchase a GoPro. I wish I had come on here before I bought mine, but I did what most people did and used blind trust. So now that I understand what’s actually going on, I’m the anti-brand ambassador for GoPro.
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Player for Windows expected release date?

[ New ]

Wann gibt es die Reframe-Software für die Max?

Gibt es wenigstens eine Beta-Version zum Testen?

Tourist

[ New ]

LIES LIES LIES dont trust this NO software for windows will arrive, just like everything else they promised, i NEVER buy a Gopro again NEVER, we should ALL claim our money back, because of lack of info that gopro max is kinda USELESS without a mac, gopro is SO FRAUD, i BET 1000 dollers that windows wont get same editing as mac, and IF it do the max will be outdated by then

Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro Player for Windows expected release date?

[ New ]

hey leute,

da kaufe ich mir eine GoPro Max und kann mit meinem highend PC mit Windows den Player nicht installieren, nur über Mac mit aktuellem betriebssystem möglich...!

Kann nicht sein das eine 500€ kamera keinen Player für Windows parat hat..., sehr schwache Leistung!!!

Der Kundensupport ist auch nicht der Hit!

Meine Empfehlung: Lasst die Finger von der MAX, solange die nicht in der lage sind eine Windowsversion auf den Markt zu bringen!

Ps. Das war wohl meine letzte Kamera von GoPro!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Den kopierten Müll kannst du in die Tonne werfen, macht lieber eure arbeit und sagt uns wann der Player kommt!
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm now bit of wiser about the software after buying GoPro fusion it was like a slap from GoPro with lack of editing it on windows and I'm seeing the same thing about max, so probably I will not upgrade my camera as normally editing video gives a lot of effort with GoPro fusion I needed 3x more time to do it especially highlight tagging only working in-app in smartphone :/ not on a PC so frustrating 

Sightseer

[ New ]

@GoProIs this really happening? I bought mine about half a year ago and still havent used it because I don't have access to Mac. I feel like it's time to stop supporting your gear and sell everything. I paid 500€ for a test clip and realized that I can't do much with it on my windows setup :S Any way to get refund on the crap you are selling?

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same problem, its not going to be used without go-amateur player for Windows , anyone wanna buy My unused MAX from go-amateur ? This is the worst and biggest SCAM I have ever seen, go-amateur should be ashamed of them self, like for REAL , I’m telling this to ANYONE I know I write it on the internet, Trustpilot everywhere, so I’m sure this scam will hurt in the end , like ALOT I’m so pissed
GoPro

[ New ]

Our team is in very active development of the GoPro Player for Windows. If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can participate in the testing and have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hallo,

gut das ich auf dieses Forum gestoßen bin...

wollte mir die Kamera GoPro MAX bestellen...

Leider gibt es die Software immer noch nicht.

Also kauf ich die Kamere nicht!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stoutwater3386. The GoPro Player for Windows is already available. Please check out the link for more information.

Hiker

[ New ]

..really ..???? 

where ...???

I clicked on your link and found , as expected, only the OSX-version (only available through the applestore) !?

As far as we know, is the gopro-player for windows under development since 7 month now, and only available for betatesters through some mysterious and inexplicable instagram-group ...

am I wrong ?

is there any new infomation about it ?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hallo,

ich habe den Beta GoPro Player für Windows installiert.

Es funktioniert.....

aber

ich hätte gerne auch die freeze time funktion.

Desweiteren ist mir aufgefallen das wenn ich eine komplette 360 grad drehung haben möchte ich nur eine kleine bewegung bekomme.

Wir sagen mal ein kleiner Schritt wurde gemacht.

Danke.

GoPro

[ New ]

@bluewater86456, do you see the "Windows Download" icon? I was able to download the installer onto my Windows laptop, and so as other users.

GoPro

[ New ]

@stoutwater3386, we hear your feedback and we're continuously working on better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!