Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Player for Windows - .360 video playback is very choppy, but this is a fast computer

[ New ]

Hello, I've been trying to load my .360 videos from my GoPro Max on the GoPro Player app for WIndows 10, but the playback is extremely choppy.  I have a NVidia graphics card with 4GB of RAM. 

I read that I should change the video playback resolution to a lower resolution, which I would like to do, but I don't see the option available under View? 

GoPro App - No Plaback Resolution Option.jpg

GoPro

Re: GoPro Player for Windows - .360 video playback is very choppy, but this is a fast computer

[ New ]

Hi @fireywave44885

What version is the app on?

Check out What Are the Minimum System Requirements for GoPro Player?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Player for Windows - .360 video playback is very choppy, but this is a fast computer

[ New ]

I am having this same issue with my 360 videos on GoPro Player. I am able to watch them/edit them just fine on the Android Quick App. I would like to find a resolution to this issue as computer editing is much easier.

Backpacker

[ New ]

What type of Nvidia card do you have?  4GB isn't a lot of ram for a newer card.

Are you playing back the files from an SSD locally on your PC?

What type of processor does your PC have?

How much Ram does your PC have?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am also having the same problem. There is no area to change resolution playback on the windows version of GoPro Player. I am running a RTX2060 super with 32 gigs of ram and a AMD 3900x. This is the only video app that runs terribly with 360 video. Is there somthing I am missing?

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am having the same issue with 64gb of ram, Nvidia Gforce GTX 980 graphics card, i-7 processor at 2.7GHz on Windows 10 and GoPro is telling me my computer can't handle 5k video from the Gopro Max. The video footage plays in 360 on other apps just not the GoPro app for Windows. It is a faulty App they need to address however they don't seem to be looking for a solution after talking with customer support about it. They would rather blame the hardware.